Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Hines Ward blames young WRs

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I think both Brown and Sanders have the talent to take their play to the next level. Do we have the right guy to pull it out of them???
    I'm not worried about Brown and Brown showed he can score TD's late in the season....That was my knock on him not finding the endzone enough......I think Brown will bounce back strong but he still isn't a number 1 WR........As for Sanders and I'm still waiting for him to take the next step but he never does......He needs to toughen up alittle bit.........

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalu43 View Post
    I am really tired of the show boating after a catch and first down. AB and ES both do the same thing after every catch. It is almost embarrassing. Not something Hines would have done!
    Hines not showboat? LOL

  3. #23
    Draft Pick polamalu43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    242
    Not like these guys. Brown was not like this before his deal. Everytime he does anything he shows off like he has never done it. That is not what a top flight WR does in this league. Look at the Top Guys.

  4. #24
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,469

    Hines Ward blames young WRs

    Quote Originally Posted by polamalu43 View Post
    Not like these guys. Brown was not like this before his deal. Everytime he does anything he shows off like he has never done it. That is not what a top flight WR does in this league. Look at the Top Guys.
    Too much BS after a catch I agree! Hey AB it's your job to catch the ball quit your showboating!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  5. #25
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,178
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    These receivers are young and immature,I said it would be a mistake to cut Ward last year but was told " leadership was overrated" well Hines is gone and we have some talented young guns with attitudes and no direction.

    Yes I do agree a lot of this falls on Tomlin,I really miss the way Coach Noll ran his ship.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

  6. #26
    2nd String DBR96A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    963
    The WRs are all smurfs, including Mike Wallace. That's the problem. The Steelers need a big, tall WR who's strong enough to beat press coverage and not afraid to fight for the ball. They don't have that right now.

    At least Hines Ward isn't blaming Ben Roethlisberger like the know-nothings do.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    These receivers are young and immature,I said it would be a mistake to cut Ward last year but was told " leadership was overrated" well Hines is gone and we have some talented young guns with attitudes and no direction.

    Yes I do agree a lot of this falls on Tomlin,I really miss the way Coach Noll ran his ship.
    Accurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    The WRs are all smurfs, including Mike Wallace. That's the problem. The Steelers need a big, tall WR who's strong enough to beat press coverage and not afraid to fight for the ball. They don't have that right now.

    At least Hines Ward isn't blaming Ben Roethlisberger like the know-nothings do.
    Even more accurate.

  8. #28
    Starter SnakeEyes43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    1,330
    Yes, we need a big, physical WR. I don't recall ever looking more forward to an off-season than I am right now. Can't wait to see who we draft/cut/sign FA.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

  9. #29
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,469
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Yes, we need a big, physical WR. I don't recall ever looking more forward to an off-season than I am right now. Can't wait to see who we draft/cut/sign FA.
    I'm right with you...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  10. #30
    2nd String DBR96A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Yes, we need a big, physical WR. I don't recall ever looking more forward to an off-season than I am right now. Can't wait to see who we draft/cut/sign FA.
    Well, I looked forward to and enjoyed last off-season, and look what that got me!

    But seriously, this is the second off-season in a protracted changing of the guard. I don't expect the Steelers to be serious Super Bowl contenders again for at least another season.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-24-2012, 04:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •