Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hines Ward blames young WRs

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I think both Brown and Sanders have the talent to take their play to the next level. Do we have the right guy to pull it out of them???
    I'm not worried about Brown and Brown showed he can score TD's late in the season....That was my knock on him not finding the endzone enough......I think Brown will bounce back strong but he still isn't a number 1 WR........As for Sanders and I'm still waiting for him to take the next step but he never does......He needs to toughen up alittle bit.........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalu43 View Post
    I am really tired of the show boating after a catch and first down. AB and ES both do the same thing after every catch. It is almost embarrassing. Not something Hines would have done!
    Hines not showboat? LOL

Not like these guys. Brown was not like this before his deal. Everytime he does anything he shows off like he has never done it. That is not what a top flight WR does in this league. Look at the Top Guys.

Hines Ward blames young WRs

Quote Originally Posted by polamalu43 View Post
    Not like these guys. Brown was not like this before his deal. Everytime he does anything he shows off like he has never done it. That is not what a top flight WR does in this league. Look at the Top Guys.
    Too much BS after a catch I agree! Hey AB it's your job to catch the ball quit your showboating!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    These receivers are young and immature,I said it would be a mistake to cut Ward last year but was told " leadership was overrated" well Hines is gone and we have some talented young guns with attitudes and no direction.

Yes I do agree a lot of this falls on Tomlin,I really miss the way Coach Noll ran his ship.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

The WRs are all smurfs, including Mike Wallace. That's the problem. The Steelers need a big, tall WR who's strong enough to beat press coverage and not afraid to fight for the ball. They don't have that right now.

At least Hines Ward isn't blaming Ben Roethlisberger like the know-nothings do.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    These receivers are young and immature,I said it would be a mistake to cut Ward last year but was told " leadership was overrated" well Hines is gone and we have some talented young guns with attitudes and no direction.

Yes I do agree a lot of this falls on Tomlin,I really miss the way Coach Noll ran his ship.
    Accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    The WRs are all smurfs, including Mike Wallace. That's the problem. The Steelers need a big, tall WR who's strong enough to beat press coverage and not afraid to fight for the ball. They don't have that right now.

At least Hines Ward isn't blaming Ben Roethlisberger like the know-nothings do.
    Even more accurate.

Yes, we need a big, physical WR. I don't recall ever looking more forward to an off-season than I am right now. Can't wait to see who we draft/cut/sign FA.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Yes, we need a big, physical WR. I don't recall ever looking more forward to an off-season than I am right now. Can't wait to see who we draft/cut/sign FA.
    I'm right with you...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Well, I looked forward to and enjoyed last off-season, and look what that got me!

But seriously, this is the second off-season in a protracted changing of the guard. I don't expect the Steelers to be serious Super Bowl contenders again for at least another season.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Thread Information