Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward blames young WRs

Bookmark and Share
    I am really tired of the show boating after a catch and first down. AB and ES both do the same thing after every catch. It is almost embarrassing. Not something Hines would have done!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalu43 View Post
    I am really tired of the show boating after a catch and first down. AB and ES both do the same thing after every catch. It is almost embarrassing. Not something Hines would have done!
    These two clowns are far from the best in the league and the best don't do it!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I blame Tomlin for not having these idiots ready to compete!

Again...it all comes back to Tomlin. Tomlin isn't a leader and not a true disciplinarian. Which is what is needed.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Again...it all comes back to Tomlin. Tomlin isn't a leader and not a true disciplinarian. Which is what is needed.
    I agree, I don't hate him but I don't like his coaching style at all... Look what's happening, all the vets and dropping off / retiring and the team isn't doing well, top that with him losing high round pick type players, he's in trouble if you ask me!

It's time they find a way to tap into the FA market this year or it could be a long season!

I don't hate Tomlin either. He just isn't a real coach. He's proven that the last three seasons now when he hasn't been able to live off of Cowher's fumes.

Banned
    Hines Ward is just saying what was obvious. And he's being very nice about how he says it. The bottom line is that none of these receivers are #1 receivers. Wallace is a good #2 receiver at best. This was the worst receiving corps I've seen since Troy Edwards was the Steelers' #1 receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    No worries thou, we will be a n 8-8 team -next year
    Without any upgrades at receiver and no drastic improvements in the offensive line, you're probably right.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Hines Ward is just saying what was obvious. And he's being very nice about how he says it. The bottom line is that none of these receivers are #1 receivers. Wallace is a good #2 receiver at best. This was the worst receiving corps I've seen since Troy Edwards was the Steelers' #1 receiver.

Without any upgrades at receiver and no drastic improvements in the offensive line, you're probably right.
    I still get upset everytime I see the name Troy Edwards....I was so mad when they drafted him in the first round in 1999.....I agree about the WR's big time and the Steelers will be forced again to draft a WR early in the draft......Unless they pull a shocker and sign DeWayne Bowe in free agency.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I still get upset everytime I see the name Troy Edwards....I was so mad when they drafted him in the first round in 1999.....I agree about the WR's big time and the Steelers will be forced again to draft a WR early in the draft......Unless they pull a shocker and sign DeWayne Bowe in free agency.....
    lol What was wrong? You weren't happy about having a 5'9 WR drafted in the first round to be the team's #1 receiver?

I'm worried that they will not take a WR in the first round or sign one through free agency. And Wallace will be gone, which isn't bad, unless they don't sign or draft someone really good to replace him. The #1 receiver for the 2013 season will end up being Brown, Sanders #2, and some second or third round pick will be the #3. It's going to be a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    Well he's not wrong...Wallace's head too big for his shoulders and not showing up for camp totally put him on my bad side.
    No excuses for the extremeness of dropping passes that should have been easily caught...
    And putting the ball on the ground by Brown and Sanders. Go figure, the only 2 players that were consistent were Miller and Cotch. That said, I am not sellng on either Brown or Sanders.

I think both Brown and Sanders have the talent to take their play to the next level. Do we have the right guy to pull it out of them???

Thread Information