Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If PED's get an asterick, so should PET's [performance enhancing turfs].

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Banned

If PED's get an asterick, so should PET's [performance enhancing turfs].

If you give an asterick to Performance Enhancing Drugs, then you ought to asterick Artificial turf runners.

Would Barry Sanders or Emit Smith be as good on grass as they were on rugs?

Artificial turf was "PERFORMANCE ENHANCING TURF".

Jim Brown would still be the all time rushing champion if artificial turf rugs wouldn't have been used.

Whats the difference between performance enhancing drugs and performance enhancing surfaces?

Draft Pick
    The difference is an individual vs environment. People dont always play well or like turf. Times change, some teams play on it more than others but does that give the advantage to the team who plays on grass all the time and a turf team comes into town? Or vice versa? Also with drugs the individual will play at a higher level unlike a field where everyone is running on the same type of ground. Case closed

Who cares, the Owners pay the damn money. So let them have what they want.

It's called, adjusting to your enviroment. It doesnt affect AP at all, never affected Tomlinson.

Talking when AP is on the road.
    Last edited by steelchamp204; 01-25-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Banned
    If we never would have gone to turf, Jim Brown would probably still be the leading career rusher. Followed by Bettis because he didn't need turf. Curtis Martin is a good example of a turf runner. Clinton Portis, Sanders, and Smith too.

Payton would have been great on grass too.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    If we never would have gone to turf, Jim Brown would probably still be the leading career rusher. Followed by Bettis because he didn't need turf. Curtis Martin is a good example of a turf runner. Clinton Portis, Sanders, and Smith too.

Payton would have been great on grass too.
    Lets just look at Barry Sanders 2000 yard season in 1997.......@ Chicago 19 carries 161 yards, @ Tampa Bay 24 carries 215 yards, @ Green Bay 23 carries 105 yards, @ Washington 15 carries 105 yards, @ Miami 30 carries 137 yards...............111 carries for 723 yards on grass fields in 1997....Yea turf made Barry Sanders great...eyes rolling....lol

Banned
    You probably posted a list of the worst teams in the nfl that year. Rolls eyes.

3 of those 5 teams were playoff teams (Tampa Bay, Miami, Green Bay). Tampa was 6th against the run (Worth mentioning that of the 5 games listed, his best was against Tampa). Only Washington had a bottom-10 rush defense. Tampa (2) Green Bay (5) and Washington (9) were each top-10 scoring defenses. Chicago was the only team of those noted in the bottom-10 in scoring defense (but was still 12th in total defense)

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Doesn't matter your sorry *** excuse of Turfs making RB's great was just shut down.........so whatever dude.....such a lame *** excuse......

Banned
    It would appear that turf to grass takes more than adjusting to your environment.
    If you could adjust and not lose anything, we would be seeing multiple great RB's nowadays.

There are so few outstanding backs nowadays because we got rid of the turf. Thats why I said they should get an asterick. A lot of those "great RB's" wouldn't be so great if they didn't have turf.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    There are so few outstanding backs nowadays because we got rid of the turf. Thats why I said they should get an asterick. A lot of those "great RB's" wouldn't be so great if they didn't have turf.
    There is a much more reasonable and logical reason that there are "so few outstanding backs nowadays", even if we ignore the fact that you by no means support the assertion that there are fewer today.

The rise of the quick strike passing offense. There are not too many pounding offenses anymore.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information