Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets making Darrelle Revis available.

Bookmark and Share

Jets making Darrelle Revis available.

Is there any scenario we could make a run at him/would we even consider it. I know cap room is basically non-existent. The Jets are looking for compensation, what about Mike Wallace and Ike Taylor? They are looking for offensive weapons. Revis being from Pitt could really push a deal to us if he heard we are interested. He is 27 and coming off major surgery but he is the best corner I have seen the past ten years when healthy. Just throwing the line out to see what the big fish think...

Banned
    ACL injury for a corner? No thanks.

He's only got 1 year left, and in trade he'd "only" count 6 million against the cap.... still, ACL injuries for corners are like a death blow.

Veteran
    I'm pretty sure you can't trade an unsigned unrestricted free agent and get much back for him.

I don't see any scenario where a trade to the Steelers happens.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't see it happening. We are up against the cap now with many of our own FA to get signed.

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Jets making Darrelle Revis available.

We don't need him. Ike and Lewis and C. Allen are fine. We need to lock up Lewis and Allen instead of trading for Revis.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    We don't need him. Ike and Lewis and C. Allen are fine. We need to lock up Lewis and Allen instead of trading for Revis.

We don't need him? He's arguably the best shut down corner to ever play the game. I know what you are saying our corners are solid but saying we don't need revis is like saying we don't need Megatron just because we have AB and Sanders. Anytime the best player at his position is available you always need that guy.

Jets making Darrelle Revis available.

Unless he's a washed up nobody we won't sign him!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JShare86 View Post
    We don't need him? He's arguably the best shut down corner to ever play the game. I know what you are saying our corners are solid but saying we don't need revis is like saying we don't need Megatron just because we have AB and Sanders. Anytime the best player at his position is available you always need that guy.
    correction : Revis WAS the best cover corner (maybe ever). Now he's a player who relies so heavily on planting his legs, changing direction, range of motion... that an ACL injury is career threatening.

an ACL tear ended Rod Woodson's career as a corner. He physically could not do it any longer, he had to move to Free Safety.

Dominique Foxworth was a quality cover corner... an ACL tear ended his ability to cover anyone and he was forced to retire early

Revis was the best cover corner I've ever seen with my own eyes. But he's going to have to re-prove his ability from scratch. And based on the history of his injury, at his position... I wouldn't trade anything of value for him.

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Jets making Darrelle Revis available.

Quote Originally Posted by JShare86 View Post
    In salary cap football, we don't need him. His cost outweighs his benefit. To get him, we would lose ike, lewis, Harrison and probably someone else to make room. We don't need him.

Draft Pick
    This move would be too risky. With Ike, Cortez, Keenan, Curtis Brown & Josh Victorian, it seems as though we possess sufficient depth & talent at the corner position. I'm still worrying about our O-line, despite the advances we've made there.

Thread Information