Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JaMarcus Russell as back up?

Bookmark and Share

JaMarcus Russell as back up?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ack-at-308-lbs

Former 2007 No. 1 overall draft pick JaMarcus Russell is training for an NFL comeback.

We'll wait until you stop laughing ...

The former Oakland Raiders quarterback, who hasn't taken a single NFL snap since 2009, told Yahoo! Sports he's dropped from 320 pounds to 308 pounds and is ready to bury past criticisms.

"The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job and it is how it feeds my family," he said. "People would say (that) I didn't love the game but that pisses me off. People don't know the real you but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do. People are always saying that I'm a bust. I want show them I'm not. I'm committed to this now."

According to the report, Russell will work out with a bevy of former NFL players, including NFL Network's Marshall Faulk, ex-quarterback Jeff Garcia and former Olympic track star Ato Boldon.

The 27-year-old hasn't sniffed the NFL since getting tryouts with the Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins in 2010, after he was arrested for possessing codeine syrup without a prescription. But he says he's ready to change the perception.

"I'm not looking for a pat on the shoulder from people who haven't been there for me," Russell said. "It feels funny not to go through a training camp, that's just what I'm used to. It's going to feel good to go back out there again. I will make this happen."

His biggest challenge will be to convince a team to give him a chance.
    Would you even give him a chance? He's CAN'T be looking for a starting job, and may come cheap as a back up QB. I strongly lean towards no, but that's mostly because of his past. A workout wouldn't hurt I suppose, maybe he really is trying to change. Who know. What would you do?
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    No F'n Way
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

he throws one of the most beautiful passes and has a huge arm....but his drug problems will stop the steelers from even looking

My Mood
    Addicted
    A workout wouldn't hurt.

He is still young at 27, at least for another 3 years or so.

It's a shame he couldn't perform in Oakland but he wasn't exactly in the best position and probably played on all his hype from LSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he throws one of the most beautiful passes and has a huge arm....but his drug problems will stop the steelers from even looking
    He does, i always thought a east coast system would fit his talents better anyways,it would be nice, but like K said if the Steeler don't feel good about where he is in his drug problems they won't waste there time...

**** No.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Really?
    NO!
    HELL NO!
    F**K NO!
    FOR F**K'S SAKE, NO!!!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

also, hes 308 down from 320....he needs to be around 265 to be taken seriously at all unless he wants to play RT

I'd almost rather have Tebow as a backup.

Steelers just need to stick to the script - use a mid-round pick on a Cerebral QB with a good arm.

JaMarcus Russell as back up?

I'd take the big slob!

Thread Information