Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lattimore rehab progress going very well.

Bookmark and Share

Lattimore rehab progress going very well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations...dy-2013-season

Marcus Lattimore, the South Carolina running back who suffered a devastating knee injury less than three months ago, hopes to be ready to play by the start of the 2013 NFL season.

Lattimore claimed that Dr. James Andrews told him that his recovery progress is "nothing short of a miracle" and that the renowned surgeon thinks his rehabilitation is "way ahead of schedule."

Lattimore, who was visiting Senior Bowl practice on Tuesday, said his personal outlook for the 2013 season became more optimistic after meeting with Andrews several weeks ago.

"When Dr. Andrews came in to see me, he said, 'You're doing remarkable; you're doing everything you can,' " Lattimore told multiple media outlets. "His words were, 'You're going to shock the world.' That's what Dr. Andrews said."

Once considered a likely first-round pick, Lattimore saw his draft stock plummet on Oct. 27, when he dislocated his right knee and tore several ligaments while being tackled against Tennessee.

It was the second major knee injury for Lattimore, who also missed half of the 2011 season after tearing the ACL in his left knee.

But Lattimore said Tuesday he never considered quitting football and stated that he doesn't feel sorry for himself.

"I feel like 80 percent of it is mental," he told multiple media outlets. "If you don't do your rehab, if you keep asking yourself, 'Why me?' your knee reacts to that. You have to stay positive, or you're not going to come back."

Despite the multiple injuries, Lattimore opted last month to forgo his senior year at South Carolina and enter the 2013 draft. He said Tuesday that he already has met with several NFL teams but acknowledged that he doesn't know where -- or if -- he will be drafted.

"It could be first (round), it could be undrafted," he said.

Like I said, I'll stick by it. This kid will be special in the nfl or a injury prone woulda coulda shoulda been. I still think he does some great things for some length of time. I'd be stoked if Pittsburgh signed him. I'd be happy with Graham also.

Hopefully Spence went to andrews... lets sign lacy or ball.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hard not to pull for Marcus. A great kid!

I'd take a chance on him in the 4th if he's still there. He would've been a sure fire 1st rounder had he not been injured. Even if he has to sit a full year (doesn't sound like that will even be the case), it would be like having two first rounders next year. If he isn't rushed back, he'll be a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I'd take a chance on him in the 4th if he's still there. He would've been a sure fire 1st rounder had he not been injured. Even if he has to sit a full year (doesn't sound like that will even be the case), it would be like having two first rounders next year. If he isn't rushed back, he'll be a stud.
    Yea man, I have a man crush on this guy like you do Te'o. I wo9uldnt be pissed even if we spent a 3rd on him. But no way in hell a 2nd. I think he goes in the 3rd to some team, if he doesnt I wouldnt be suprised either.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    If Lattimore doesnt get hurt hes a top 15 pick... Would look good in B+G... coming off the PUP list about week 6 next year.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think Lattimore could have even been top five....

If the doctors agree at the combine, he might not last into the fourth round. Teams like Patriots, who dont have glaring inmediate needs will most likely take a chance on him in the third. We'll see though.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    If the doctors agree at the combine, he might not last into the fourth round. Teams like Patriots, who dont have glaring inmediate needs will most likely take a chance on him in the third. We'll see though.
    The pats spent a 2nd and 3rd round pick on Vareen and Ridley respectively in the 2011 draft and both have shown the ability to be good running backs. Pats won't go RB. But like others said, I'd wouldn't have a problem with him in the 3rd either. The potential reward is astronomical. If he's given the proper time to heal completely, dude will be a big time RB in this league.

The Patriots was merely an example though. My point is that some team will take a chance on him earlier than expected, if he in fact is healing faster than anticipated.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information