Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 draft is worst in my 55 year lifetime.

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    not sure woerner is like jj watt, id say chris long...who could have gone either way as far as scheme (RE in a 34 or LE in a 43)but had a slow start but now is a DPOY type of player

but weakdrafts thoughts on the draft are just that....weak
    I definitely think Werner/Watt is a very valid comparison. Both guys "get up" at the line of scrimmage. They get up the field, and they get off the ground. They defend the pass in multiple ways (pressure, collapse, eyes, swats, etc).

I've seen the Chris Long comparisons made plenty across draft sites. And I don't think it's a bad comparison. I just think Werner has the versatility that Watt has, and that Long lacked. Long was a 1 scheme prospect, a pure hand on the ground pass rusher. Werner can do more. He dropped weight to be a more pure pass rusher this year, he can put that weight back on and play more of an anchor like Watt.

Rookie Free Agent
    I'd find a way to do whatever it took next year to get Clowney.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JenZwain View Post
    I'd find a way to do whatever it took next year to get Clowney.
    Cut Ben Roethlisberger, Harrison, Polamolu, Ike, Keisel, Clark and let Hampton, Lewis, Mendenhall, Foote all walk as free agents

and then we might have a chance at him lol

Clowney will be the #1 pick next year, and NO team will trade out of the #1 spot, passing on him is not an option.

So, having the worst record in football is the only way we get him

My Mood
    Addicted
    retarded thread.

ban this idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I definitely think Werner/Watt is a very valid comparison. Both guys "get up" at the line of scrimmage. They get up the field, and they get off the ground. They defend the pass in multiple ways (pressure, collapse, eyes, swats, etc).

I've seen the Chris Long comparisons made plenty across draft sites. And I don't think it's a bad comparison. I just think Werner has the versatility that Watt has, and that Long lacked. Long was a 1 scheme prospect, a pure hand on the ground pass rusher. Werner can do more. He dropped weight to be a more pure pass rusher this year, he can put that weight back on and play more of an anchor like Watt.
    i dont think there were many that viewed long as a one scheme type of guy, i remember there were talks of him replacing aaron smith (before he shot up the boards to a sure top 3 guy) but he had great use of hands and could stack and shed with the best of them while getting pressure, essentially what JJ watt is now, but hes built more like long imo...watt is a good 40 pounds heavier

Thread Information