Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Is Football Fixed???

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Super Bowl was rigged. Please go see post #68 in the thread, " How you gonna live with this ****". I lay it out.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Is Football Fixed???

Cary Williams not fined for shoving ref in Super Bowl

By Marc Sessler

Published: February 09, 2013 at 2:26 PM PST

Modified: February 09, 2013 at 2:30 PM PST

Cary Williams insists he didn't intend to shove an official during Super Bowl XLVII , but anyone watching the game can't help but view the Baltimore Ravens cornerback as a fortunate soul for (a) not being penalized for his actions and (b) not being fined for them.

AFC spokesman Corry Rush confirmed to USA Today on Saturday that Williams will not be docked financially by the NFL for clearly pushing head linesman Steve Stelljes during an entanglement following Ed Reed 's second-quarter interception of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick .

Williams explained to WJFK-FM this week that he was agitated after having his helmet ripped off on the play. That's understandable, but Mike Pereira, the FOX rules czar and former vice president of officiating, told SI.com's Peter King, "It should have merited an ejection. I don't know what went through the head linesman's mind, but the fact is you've got to eject for contact."

Instead of being booted, Williams stayed in the game and didn't miss a snap on defense. The rules regarding contact with an official are partly in place to protect referees -- there's no wiggle room -- making this non-call all the more bizarre.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL .
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Starter

2nd String
    The Ravens have had nothing but luck the entireyear. Crap like this, dropped balls by the opposition, lobbing 50 yard bombs while the other team stands around game after game, injuries by the other team, etc. I am not sure the game is fixed, but they sure have had a boatload of stuff go there way.
    Last edited by Speeed; 02-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teeceemadison View Post
    I don't remember the last time I flipped out the way I did when I saw these holds as clear as day, live, and nothing was called. Sometimes it can be understandable when a ref doesn't see a hold when it's across the field, but when it is DIRECTLY in the line if the returner and without a doubt the reason there was a hole, it's absolutely pathetic.

Is Football Fixed???

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I don't remember the last time I flipped out the way I did when I saw these holds as clear as day, live, and nothing was called. Sometimes it can be understandable when a ref doesn't see a hold when it's across the field, but when it is DIRECTLY in the line if the returner and without a doubt the reason there was a hole, it's absolutely pathetic.
    Lol I thought I was the only one that saw this one! Two ravens holding one player and no flag!! This SB was so fn rigged!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2nd String
    How can they say there is no wiggle room? There is now. I remember Harbaugh grabbed a ref a few years back. Not a peep out of anyone. Imagine if Tomlin did that?

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Cary Williams not fined for shoving ref in Super Bowl

By Marc Sessler

Published: February 09, 2013 at 2:26 PM PST

Modified: February 09, 2013 at 2:30 PM PST

Cary Williams insists he didn't intend to shove an official during Super Bowl XLVII , but anyone watching the game can't help but view the Baltimore Ravens cornerback as a fortunate soul for (a) not being penalized for his actions and (b) not being fined for them.

AFC spokesman Corry Rush confirmed to USA Today on Saturday that Williams will not be docked financially by the NFL for clearly pushing head linesman Steve Stelljes during an entanglement following Ed Reed 's second-quarter interception of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick .

Williams explained to WJFK-FM this week that he was agitated after having his helmet ripped off on the play. That's understandable, but Mike Pereira, the FOX rules czar and former vice president of officiating, told SI.com's Peter King, "It should have merited an ejection. I don't know what went through the head linesman's mind, but the fact is you've got to eject for contact."

Instead of being booted, Williams stayed in the game and didn't miss a snap on defense. The rules regarding contact with an official are partly in place to protect referees -- there's no wiggle room -- making this non-call all the more bizarre.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL .

Is Football Fixed???

Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    How can they say there is no wiggle room? There is now. I remember Harbaugh grabbed a ref a few years back. Not a peep out of anyone. Imagine if Tomlin did that?
    Bellicheat was hit hard when he touched a replacement ref. this ******* pushed one and not even a slap on the wrist!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    Goodell loves the Ravens. He's been trying to get them a SB win since 2010 and finally did it.

The other clubs should be ashamed for allowing him to decide games and championships.

The fact that they changed the criteria for officials this season so Bolger could work the Super Bowl reeks of corruption.

Thread Information