Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 103

Thread: Is Football Fixed???

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,179
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Goodell loves the Ravens. Loves the city of Baltimore. Loves his bromance with Ray Lewis.

    What's even more pathetic, is the Rooney's sit there and take it.
    Really, then why does Roger spend so much time in the owners suite at Gilette stadium ? I personally believe the Rooney's do certain things just because they know it gets under your skin.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

  2. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    No, people are just stupid
    Can't disagree there.

  3. #13
    BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Central PA.
    Posts
    54,683
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm surprised we haven't had a visit from Joe Flacco round here since this past weekend...been waiting for it.

    I will never ride Flacco's jock like the Ratbirds have been this year. Up until now you guys griped and complained because he couldn't win the big one, now you say he's the best thing ever. **** that!

    We know Ben is great and we appreciate the 3 Super Bowls and 2 Wins he's helped lead us too... but he's not perfect and we certainly don't drool all over him like he's a god.

  4. #14
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia (Swissvale)
    Posts
    5,355
    My Mood
    Where
    Absolutely. How else you gonna splain this coming match-up. Hey, were are they playing?

    And their fans.

  5. #15
    Draft Pick USMC607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    493
    I'm not going to go too far about the game being totally fixed... Because im sure there are as many players,coaches on the field that can't be bought out. But i'm sure some players, coaches, and refs that can be bought. But i dont know how hard it would be to throw a game and make it look like an accident or a screwed up play.

    I would say there is a good chance there are some shady things that go on in the NFL that determines a few things, maybe a team gets a call here and there and it might not be throwing the game completely but at least trying to give the team you want to win as much of a chance to do it as possible.

    In the end no one will ever know for sure unless people step forward and admit to it... Until then all we can do is be conspiracy theorist and see things like the douche-bag brothers Superbowl or Bettis going to the SB in his hometown and winning it in his last season, Etc Etc.

    I however will not lose sleep over a conspiracy theory.

  6. #16
    Draft Pick USMC607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    Absolutely. Hey, were are they playing?
    I dk if your serious but its in New Orleans

  7. #17
    2nd String DBR96A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I personally believe the Rooney's do certain things just because they know it gets under your skin.
    To the owners go the spoils. The Rooneys can do whatever the **** they want, and people can either kiss their asses or go find another team to cheer for.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

  8. #18
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia (Swissvale)
    Posts
    5,355
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    I dk if your serious but its in New Orleans
    I'm serious. If we aren't in it to win it then I ain't followin. New Orleans eh. IDKT.

    And their fans.

  9. #19
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,604

    Is Football Fixed???

    NFL is a business made for entertainment, sure it's tweaked to keep the fans involved!

  10. #20
    Rookie Free Agent steelcity73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    79
    I've always wondered about the officiating side of the NFL and how much influence does goodell have on them. Since the guy is the judge, jury and executioner when it comes to the players who's to say he doesn't put his stamp on the officials as well. One call that still has me blowing a gasket was the call on Keisel in the last bengals game for excessive celebration or whatever the lame *** call was after the sack. I know it didn't effect the outcome of the game, but that was just a bullshit call and I have to wonder if goodell didn't send a memo out to the officiating crew prior to the game reminding them who was the boss. IMO finding out the officiating had been in some instances swayed to favor the certain outcome of games, would not surprise me one bit!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What area doesn't need to be fixed or addressed this offseason?
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 08:49 PM
  2. Homepage Bug Fixed: Invisible Mode
    By AZ_Steeler in forum Steeler Addicts 411
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •