Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Football Fixed???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Goodell loves the Ravens. Loves the city of Baltimore. Loves his bromance with Ray Lewis.

What's even more pathetic, is the Rooney's sit there and take it.
    Really, then why does Roger spend so much time in the owners suite at Gilette stadium ? I personally believe the Rooney's do certain things just because they know it gets under your skin.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    No, people are just stupid
    Can't disagree there.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm surprised we haven't had a visit from Joe Flacco round here since this past weekend...been waiting for it.

I will never ride Flacco's jock like the Ratbirds have been this year. Up until now you guys griped and complained because he couldn't win the big one, now you say he's the best thing ever. **** that!

We know Ben is great and we appreciate the 3 Super Bowls and 2 Wins he's helped lead us too... but he's not perfect and we certainly don't drool all over him like he's a god.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Absolutely. How else you gonna splain this coming match-up. Hey, were are they playing?

And their fans.

I'm not going to go too far about the game being totally fixed... Because im sure there are as many players,coaches on the field that can't be bought out. But i'm sure some players, coaches, and refs that can be bought. But i dont know how hard it would be to throw a game and make it look like an accident or a screwed up play.

I would say there is a good chance there are some shady things that go on in the NFL that determines a few things, maybe a team gets a call here and there and it might not be throwing the game completely but at least trying to give the team you want to win as much of a chance to do it as possible.

In the end no one will ever know for sure unless people step forward and admit to it... Until then all we can do is be conspiracy theorist and see things like the douche-bag brothers Superbowl or Bettis going to the SB in his hometown and winning it in his last season, Etc Etc.

I however will not lose sleep over a conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    Absolutely. Hey, were are they playing?
    I dk if your serious but its in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I personally believe the Rooney's do certain things just because they know it gets under your skin.
    To the owners go the spoils. The Rooneys can do whatever the **** they want, and people can either kiss their asses or go find another team to cheer for.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    I dk if your serious but its in New Orleans
    I'm serious. If we aren't in it to win it then I ain't followin. New Orleans eh. IDKT.

And their fans.

Is Football Fixed???

NFL is a business made for entertainment, sure it's tweaked to keep the fans involved!

I've always wondered about the officiating side of the NFL and how much influence does goodell have on them. Since the guy is the judge, jury and executioner when it comes to the players who's to say he doesn't put his stamp on the officials as well. One call that still has me blowing a gasket was the call on Keisel in the last bengals game for excessive celebration or whatever the lame *** call was after the sack. I know it didn't effect the outcome of the game, but that was just a bullshit call and I have to wonder if goodell didn't send a memo out to the officiating crew prior to the game reminding them who was the boss. IMO finding out the officiating had been in some instances swayed to favor the certain outcome of games, would not surprise me one bit!

Thread Information