Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Football Fixed???

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    blinded by the hate
    Its not hate its the truth. Flacco is not good under pressure. Most of this season he has stayed clean. Their line is really helping him out

Flacco has been under pressure all season long dude! I hate the SOB but why is it so hard for people out here to admit he's playing great football right now? He just got done beating the 2 very best QB's enroute to the SB!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    Does that mean Sanchez beat Brady in the playoffs? Or did the Jets beat the Patriots. Flacco beat no one. The Ravens did. They have very good receivers. A very good running back. A decent o-line, and a play-making defense. Flacco has had a passer rating of 90 or better only once in five seasons, and his completion percentage is barely over 60. Have the standards for "elite" fallen off that much? If people call Flacco elite, what do you call all the QBs in the league that are twice the quarterback that he is?

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Well you know a lot of people think sb xl was fixed. As an outsider, I could see there point. However Seattle did not play well enough to win. But I agree the 05 playoff vs indy had me believing it was fixed. The officials did everything in there power to give the 14-2 colts that game. But they couldn't. And after watching john fox single handedly lose the Denver-Baltimore playoff game makes me wonder. I'm going out on a limb, ravens are winning the sb. I hope I'm wrong.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    A dumb thread. It would take 100's of people in on the conspiracy to fix football and only a single pissed off or honest person among them to blow the lid off the entire thing.

Stick to watching the skies for black helicopters.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    A dumb thread. It would take 100's of people in on the conspiracy to fix football and only a single pissed off or honest person among them to blow the lid off the entire thing.

Ding ding ding
    We have a winner!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Goodell loves the Ravens. Loves the city of Baltimore. Loves his bromance with Ray Lewis.

What's even more pathetic, is the Rooney's sit there and take it.
    I suppose we could go through every post about football being fixed and rip it apart but this will do.

So, Goodell loves the Ravens and is even fixing the league to get them a Super Bowl yet he has allowed the Steelers to win two on his watch? Some great critical thinking on display in this thread.

Skip football on Sundays and instead watch your huge collection of Wrestlemania DVDs (which, ironically, you probably think is real).

Please think before you type. A keyboard is a deadly weapon in the wrong hands.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned

They count on millions of idiots believing that it actually "takes 100s of people to fix football." All it takes is a few officials making certain calls in order to manipulate a game. Understand the difference between manipulation and outright fixing. Anyone who saw the reversal of the Polamalu interception in the 2005 playoffs knows that the officials were trying to manipulate the game. And as Crash pointed out, the game versus the Giants after Hurricane Sandy was also clearly being manipulated by the officials. Anyone who can see those type of calls made by the officials and just brush it off as poor officiating is a moron.

Holding calls and Pass Interference can change games quickly... 5 striped guys could change the game anytime they want.. you could call holding on every play.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    They count on millions of idiots believing that it actually "takes 100s of people to fix football."
    Here is the quote from the original poster:

I hate to say it but, sometimes I wonder if football is fixed.. I mean it seams like they wanted to harbough brother to square off and they are.. Lewis retiring.. the whole this seams fishy.. Tom Brady went limp.. what gives.. hasn't done it all year.. and I won't even bring up that long pass in the Denver Game.. So what do you all think??
    What he is saying is that the league set up a situation where the Harbaugh brothers would be playing in the Super Bowl. Yes, that would take hundreds of refs, players, assorted NFL staff, etc. to pull off. The OP even implies that the long pass in the Denver game was part of a huge conspiracy.

All it takes is a few officials making certain calls in order to manipulate a game. Understand the difference between manipulation and outright fixing.
    Please read. Is the title of this thread "Are Select Football Games Manipulated?" No, he asks if football is FIXED.

Anyone who saw the reversal of the Polamalu interception in the 2005 playoffs knows that the officials were trying to manipulate the game.
    LOL Perhaps if you ask ONLY Steeler fans. I suspect that a vast majority of unbiased football fans would say that it was just a terrible call. Not every bad call is a direct attack on the Steelers. Again, step away from the black helicopter.

And as Crash pointed out, the game versus the Giants after Hurricane Sandy was also clearly being manipulated by the officials.
    Excuse me if I do not take Crash's endorsement of your position as very convincing. BTW, who WON that game?

Anyone who can see those type of calls made by the officials and just brush it off as poor officiating is a moron.
    LOL Whatever. And anyone who sees Goodell hiding behind every call against the Steelers is a nutjob.

Thread Information