Thread: Dwayne Wright

Bookmark and Share
    Gold Standard

Dwayne Wright

By Denis Savage
    Scout.com
    Posted Feb 1, 2007

Denis Savage provides you with an at-a-glance snapshot of one of the top running backs in this year’s NFL Draft. In this Scout.com Draft File feature we learn more about Dwayne Wright and why he is rising up the draft boards.

Dwayne Wright
    Running back, Fresno State
    Numbers: 6-foot-1, 225-pounds

2006 Stats: 261 carries for 1,426 yards, 5.6 yards per carry, with 11 touchdowns. Twenty-nine receptions for 221 yards with one touchdown.

Career Stats: 501 carries for 2,683 yards, 5.4 yards per carry, with 16 touchdowns. Fifty-one receptions for 429 yards with two touchdowns.

The Buzz: Shows explosiveness through the hole and is hard to bring down...has excellent receiving skills out of he backfield...is a sure blocker...“He came here a boy and is leaving a man. He's overcome injuries is has persevered.” – Fresno State head coach Pat Hill.

Noteworthy: Suffered a torn patellar tendon in 2005. The forty-yard dash time of 4.7 being reported occurred when he was pressured into running while still recovering from surgery. A leader by example and voted the Bulldog MVP by his teammates. Married with two children. Training for the Combines is tough because he only gets to see his understanding family on the weekends. Ran for 295 yards against Louisiana Tech on Nov. 24, 2006.
    Love the description given in "The Buzz"! Sounds like a guy that might be there in the 3rd or 4th round.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Sounds good....I'll try and dig something up later, theres a few backs out there who helped themselves in the senior bowl also. I mentioned LeClain (hes a BIG boy) from Bama earlier also. This draft will get interesting.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's a good place to take a back in round 4 for us if we're going to do it. There are so many great backs in the draft I hate to see us take one on day 1 unless it was an absolute need. So many good running backs fall in day 2 every year so we should be able to pick up a great guy.

We need a runningback, the position needs to be addressed, we need someone who can legitimitly carry the load with willie, najeh runs a vicious screen, and he can break away but hes not a very strong runner, we need someone who can keep willie fresh, RB by commitee is the way to go, we dont need willie to be the guy, we need willie to be a guy involved in the offense with bush or leonard

Thread Information