Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: That confirms it - Superbowl 47 will be between the 49ers and the *sigh* Ravens

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Flacco is playing out his mind... Boldin has been wicked in the playoffs as well...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Banned
    .But this play-offs has brought something to light for me....The Ravens organization backs Joe Flacco and really gives him everything to succeed.
    And the Steelers treat Ben like he has AIDS.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Going to be nice finally that the Ravens won't have a QB on his rookie contract anymore....Time to pay Flacco that $100 million contract.......
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-20-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Banned
    Just think, Tomlin was the guy who talked to Jim Caldwell about our OC job.

Maybe Art should have listened to him.

My Mood
    Mad
    Another thing this play-offs brings to light for me is how our coaches are really the problem.......Kaepernick has what a whole 10 starts in his career?.....But he leads the 49ers to the Super Bowl while playing the most important position on the field......I know Kaepernick isn't a rookie but its frustrating at times when it takes some of our young players forever to really see the field.......

I'm just glad the post-gazette doesn't have the Rats on the front page...Way to to Pittsburgh....
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    So I give the man props and I need to "take the black and gold blinders off?" I gave the man his props. He's played damn well in the playoffs but it takes more that one playoff run to be considered an elite QB. People throw that term around way too loosely.
    He's won at least 1 playoff game, every year of his career
    He's been to 3 AFC Championship games in 5 years
    He's going to the Super Bowl
    He's outplayed Brady twice in the AFC Championship game.

His last 3 post season runs, he's thrown 15 TDs to 2 INTs with a 90, 96, and 120 passer rating

If winning a super bowl is what it takes to be labeled "elite", then obviously he hasn't earned the label. But under any other measure, the guy has earned to have his name mentioned with the best.

I always find it ironic that we Steelers fans complain that Ben doesn't get his due respect... but in turn, we do the same thing to all the other QBs. But I do agree, that people throw the "elite" label around too loosely. It's not a label you get, and immediately get to retain for your entire career. It comes up for renewal every few years. :wink:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    He's won at least 1 playoff game, every year of his career
    He's been to 3 AFC Championship games in 5 years
    He's going to the Super Bowl
    He's outplayed Brady twice in the AFC Championship game.

His last 3 post season runs, he's thrown 15 TDs to 2 INTs with a 90, 96, and 120 passer rating

If winning a super bowl is what it takes to be labeled "elite", then obviously he hasn't earned the label. But under any other measure, the guy has earned to have his name mentioned with the best.

I always find it ironic that we Steelers fans complain that Ben doesn't get his due respect... but in turn, we do the same thing to all the other QBs. But I do agree, that people throw the "elite" label around too loosely. It's not a label you get, and immediately get to retain for your entire career. It comes up for renewal every few years. :wink:
    You're a big fan of the QBR....Joe Flacco had two of the worst QBR ratings this year.......Now you're championing Flacco on his impressive post-season run.......If Flacco wins the Super Bowl then I will never say another bad thing about him......I'm also impressed with him this post-season....He isn't turning the ball over at key times like he use to....Game killing INT's or fumbles......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    **** the Ravens, **** Flacco, **** Ray Lewis, **** Suggs and his 10 ft lip, **** the Harbaughs and to hell with the 49ers...

and that's all I have to say about that. I'm not watching the Super Bowl, I couldn't give two shits if I tried. The season was over for me in week 17 and now it's REALLY over.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    You're a big fan of the QBR....Joe Flacco had two of the worst QBR ratings this year.......Now you're championing Flacco on his impressive post-season run.......If Flacco wins the Super Bowl then I will never say another bad thing about him......I'm also impressed with him this post-season....He isn't turning the ball over at key times like he use to....Game killing INT's or fumbles......
    So did Ben... when the season was on the line (Cinci).

I'm simply acknowledging that the Ravens are in the Super Bowl because of Flacco (and probably should've been in the Super Bowl last year, because of him) and that super bowl or no super bowl, he's been one of the better post season QBs over the last 3 years. and that counts for something, it counts at least as much as relying on **** that happened 5 and 8 years ago ( in terms of Ben's elite status).

I hate the Ravens (I'll be rooting hard for the 49ers). But I don't allow that to require me to be stupid about NFL talent
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Info needs to be verified by a link. Nice try.

Thread Information