Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: That confirms it - Superbowl 47 will be between the 49ers and the *sigh* Ravens

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Because idiot fans use off the field rumors and accusations to judge Ben the PLAYER.
    clowns use make up
    My Steeler Mock Draft
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Mich St
    2. Allen Robinson, WR Penn St
    3. Carl Bradford, OLB Arizona St
    4. Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson
    5a. Brent Urban, DE Virginia
    5b. Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB Boston College
    6. Dontae Johnson, CB North Carolina St
    7. Zach Kerr, NT Delaware

Im getting really annoyed with that fact that Flacco continues to win and i continue to say that while he is stepping up his game big time i wont call him elite until he wins the whole thing... Then he proceeds to make it to the Damn thing...

If Flacco wins i will also never talk **** about him again, as well as admit that he could be entered into the elite conversation but i will also be sick to my stomach

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I never said Ben was the problem in 2009.

My argument, is that if your method for measuring QBs gives so much weight to winning (even when they aren't the key factor in winning), then they should also shoulder the weight of losses and failures that arent totally their fault either.

OR

If you are going to give Ben the benefit of the doubt in scenarios that aren't totally his fault (2009), then you should treat all QBs the same way.
    '

I gave Flacco the benefit of the doubt for the AFC title game last year....Gave Jim Kelly the benefit of the doubt for Scott Norwood......The nature of the QB position is the QB always gets too much credit or blame......

I admit I'm a Ben homer (not as bad as Crash) but at the sametime I'm critical of Ben when its justified but I also think at times our fans are way to hard on him.....I guess I just remember the Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak, Stewart, Miller, Graham, Maddox years well.....lol so yea I give Ben the benefit of the doubt most of the time.....

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    '

I gave Flacco the benefit of the doubt for the AFC title game last year....Gave Jim Kelly the benefit of the doubt for Scott Norwood......The nature of the QB position is the QB always gets too much credit or blame......

I admit I'm a Ben homer (not as bad as Crash) but at the sametime I'm critical of Ben when its justified but I also think at times our fans are way to hard on him.....I guess I just remember the Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak, Stewart, Miller, Graham, Maddox years well.....lol so yea I give Ben the benefit of the doubt most of the time.....
    i've given Ben the benefit as well (not this year)

but when we talk about other elites... we forget that, and simply look at the overall. like the criticism of Brady today. He played a **** game... but everyone forgets that he'd have 2 more rings if his defense could've gotten 1 last minute stop.

Rodgers would've been playing in another super bowl, if Dom Capers didn't look like another dear in headlights.

a lot more goes into getting to, and winning the show... judging QBs on that ALONE, is stupid. You can judge a career with that in mind... but everyone saying "i'll call Flacco elite, IF he wins the super bowl"... is just dumb. He's either playing at an elite level, or he is not.
    My Steeler Mock Draft
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Mich St
    2. Allen Robinson, WR Penn St
    3. Carl Bradford, OLB Arizona St
    4. Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson
    5a. Brent Urban, DE Virginia
    5b. Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB Boston College
    6. Dontae Johnson, CB North Carolina St
    7. Zach Kerr, NT Delaware

Banned
    but everyone forgets that he'd have 2 more rings if his defense could've gotten 1 last minute stop.
    How about the alleged best ever score more than 14 and 17 points in his last two SBs?

Not as easy to win Super Bowls when they take his film away.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    All depends.

Do we want to win?

Or do we want to try and recreate the past at the expense of our talent?

We're not that far off. But we have to realize who we are, and how the NFL currently is.

If we don't? This will continue.
    Right now, I don't like th coaching I"m seeing, I don't like the "me, me" attitude of the players on this team.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    I'm not a Ben homer. I'm a Ben realist.

Sickens me how much his talent, and his skills are diminished by his own home fan base.

And for what reason? Off the field rumors and the desire by idiots to have this team be something it isn't.

Fantasy football has killed basic football logic.

It also kills what context of games is.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Im getting really annoyed with that fact that Flacco continues to win and i continue to say that while he is stepping up his game big time i wont call him elite until he wins the whole thing... Then he proceeds to make it to the Damn thing...

If Flacco wins i will also never talk **** about him again, as well as admit that he could be entered into the elite conversation but i will also be sick to my stomach
    How is Flacco so elite? When Talib got hurt, then Flacco started to cook. Timing is everything. And the Ravens got a key, key injury in their favor and then they got rolling.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Right now, I don't like th coaching I"m seeing, I don't like the "me, me" attitude of the players on this team.
    I don't like the fact there are too many "celebrities" on this team, especially on defense.

Brett Keisel and Troy Polamalu were a lot better off when they were just football players and not known for their beard or hair.

You have Pouncey hawking rap albums mere minutes after the Tebow Bowl, and then hawking T-shirts minutes after the Browns game this season.

Know what Legursky did two hours after the Browns game? Turned on his DVR and re-watched it.

Too many radio shows, TV shows, and social media going on.

Like Mark Madden said, prepare one week, without any of that. I bet the results are quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    **** you! Where's our so called elite QB right now? Yep that's right cleaning **** off of a babies ******* while Flacco went on a tear!

Why's it so hard for you to admit Flacco stepped up?

Lolol you, you ****ing idiot!
    Buddy,first of all i was just fu*king with u but if u want to suck his dick by all means go right a head. He's fu*king elite my ***.Your only *** good as the people around u. I hope he wins the SB,gets his fu*king money and we'll see after that.

Thread Information