Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: That confirms it - Superbowl 47 will be between the 49ers and the *sigh* Ravens

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    ? not sure why the talent in this WR draft is getting so criminally underrated.

Marshall was a 4th round pick

I think DeAndre Hopkins has Julio type skill set. I think Sidney Rice is a good barometer as well
    Patterson, definitely has that AJ Green type of skill... he's just totally raw. huge risk/huge reward
    I know Brandon Marshall was a 4th round pick....Didn't questions about character and his small school status effect his draft stock?.........But again right now there doesn't appear to be any Julio or AJ's in this draft but that doesn't mean anything really....A WR in this draft taken in the 5th round could break out to be a star....There just isn't a top 10 WR in this draft......

My Mood
    Mad
    i think it's inconsistent. You make all the excuses for why they didn't make the playoffs, and use it as an excuse for Ben. Well, I think the Ravens practically won the AFC champ game LAST year (Lee Evans drop). And I think they would've crushed the Giants. So, Flacco is elite, because he would've won a super bowl if it wasn't for someone elses mistake/failure

See.... that's why I don't like all the excuses that get made around here... because, if you made the excuses for any other team, you'd realize how dumb it ends up getting.
    I agree the Ravens should have reached the Super Bowl last year....But we don't know how the game would have played out.....All we do know is Lee Evans cost the Ravens a Super Bowl birth and the defense/special teams cost the Steelers in 2009.......I don't look at those as excuses but facts but whatever...lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Ben in the red zone in 2012:

37 of 67 for 216 yards 19 TDs 0 INTS 101.1 rating
    wow, todd haley is terrible

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I agree the Ravens should have reached the Super Bowl last year....But we don't know how the game would have played out.....All we do know is Lee Evans cost the Ravens a Super Bowl birth and the defense/special teams cost the Steelers in 2009.......I don't look at those as excuses but facts but whatever...lol
    would taking your team to back to back super bowls would qualify you for the elite club?

My Mood
    Mad
    would taking your team to back to back super bowls would qualify you for the elite club?
    Have to win that ring man...Its not my rules.......I told you if Flacco wins the Super Bowl then I will never bash the guy again......fair enough....Really I havn't been really critical of Flacco....I can't the guy has stopped making the bonehead turn overs that use to plague him....you know what I'm talking about the game killing INT's and stripped sacks.......

My Mood
    Mad
    and I'm going to say it now even if Flacco stinks it up in the Super Bowl but if the Ravens still manage to win then I won't bash him then....since he was huge in the Ravens reaching the Super Bowl with his play this post-season just like Ben was during the Steelers post-season run before Super Bowl XL.........

Banned

Banned
    and I'm going to say it now even if Flacco stinks it up in the Super Bowl but if the Ravens still manage to win then I won't bash him then....since he was huge in the Ravens reaching the Super Bowl with his play this post-season just like Ben was during the Steelers post-season run before Super Bowl XL.........
    what if flacco plays great, and the Ravens defense loses it?

Banned
    Have to win that ring man...Its not my rules.......I told you if Flacco wins the Super Bowl then I will never bash the guy again......fair enough....Really I havn't been really critical of Flacco....I can't the guy has stopped making the bonehead turn overs that use to plague him....you know what I'm talking about the game killing INT's and stripped sacks.......
    yea, i guess that's where we disagree... I value the ring, believe me... but I'm not going to let it be the be all/end all determining factor in judging talent/ability/skill.

winning is all that matters... in the conversation regarding success, but it's not ALL that matters in the conversation regarding talent.

Jim Kelly was an elite QB during that 4 year run...

Banned
    wow, todd haley is terrible
    He's an awful play-caller. Season on the line and he put it in the hands of a 6th round running back and a back who was suspended the week before.

I shouldn't even blame Haley, all he was doing was following orders.

The REAL issue is the Jerry Jones wanna-be in the owners box.

It's simple really: Value Ben, build around Ben, have the offense go through Ben.

If not? Let him go.

Can't waste another season trying to be something we aren't.

Thread Information