Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: That confirms it - Superbowl 47 will be between the 49ers and the *sigh* Ravens

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Depends on many things....How the Steelers do in upcoming drafts and Ben staying healthy......I wouldn't write Ben off yet....
    Yea, I should have said "the team". I know Ben carries a lot of burden on his shoulders, but it is a team game. I think if Ben given the defense he had throughout his career can do it. Im just worried about the defense going into transition the next few years and who knows how it will pan out, the biggest offseason move this year is going to be the offensive line job. Might sound like a little thing, but its going to be a huge factor here on down the road for Ben longevity.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    agreed. there is no reason to write Ben off... he's got a young, talented offensive line that should improve his game. He needs weapons though, and he needs to improve his game in the red zone.

Ben has the talent to get himself right back in the conversation... and make the steelers contenders again...
    funny thing is Ben use to be magic in the red zone......yes he needs weapons....right now he doesn't have a true number 1 WR or a WR that can win matchups..........

Assistant Coach
    All I was saying you said what separates Brady from Ben is the Pats being a contender every season but really the Steelers have been a contender every year besides 2006 and 2012....Yea 2009 they missed the play-offs but Ben had one of his best years and it was ruined by a defense that couldn't close games and a special teams that many break downs all season.....
    no playoffs, no contending..., dont make excuses.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Yea, I should have said "the team". I know Ben carries a lot of burden on his shoulders, but it is a team game. I think if Ben given the defense he had throughout his career can do it. Im just worried about the defense going into transition the next few years and who knows how it will pan out, the biggest offseason move this year is going to be the offensive line job. Might sound like a little thing, but its going to be a huge factor here on down the road for Ben longevity.
    How about the Steelers finally going all out and really giving Ben the weapons to succeed?.......I would love for Ben to have a Brandon Marshall, Julio Jones, Roddy White, Megatron.......Of course there isn't any of those types in this upcoming draft but still take a few WR's early......Brown, Sanders, Cotchery as the top three is nothing special.........

Assistant Coach
    funny thing is Ben use to be magic in the red zone......yes he needs weapons....right now he doesn't have a true number 1 WR or a WR that can win matchups..........
    i agree (regarding WR), which is why it surprises me that Im the only one in the war room area consitently making the case for WR in the 1st (whether it's gambling on Patterson or going with Hopkins).

My Mood
    Mad
    no playoffs, no contending..., dont make excuses.
    whatever dude......Yea Ben is to blame for huge drops by Limas Sweed in Cincy that season?......Ben should have thrown 30 TD passes that year but there was at least 5 dropped TD passes that year.....It was one of Ben's best seasons and Ben wasn't the problem in 2009...Its not excuses its a fact........This is what drives me nuts about you I'm not saying you should praise Ben all the time....You're justified by knocking Ben at the end of this year but at the sametime we all know 2009 that Ben wasn't the problem.....The defense couldn't stop the Raiders led by Bruce Gradkowski that season in Pittsburgh....lol Bruce Gradkowski....COME ON......lol

My Mood
    Mad
    i agree (regarding WR), which is why it surprises me that Im the only one in the war room area consitently making the case for WR in the 1st (whether it's gambling on Patterson or going with Hopkins).
    You don't hear it from me...I'm one of those people that always wants weapons for Ben....lol

Assistant Coach
    How about the Steelers finally going all out and really giving Ben the weapons to succeed?.......I would love for Ben to have a Brandon Marshall, Julio Jones, Roddy White, Megatron.......Of course there isn't any of those types in this upcoming draft but still take a few WR's early......Brown, Sanders, Cotchery as the top three is nothing special.........
    ? not sure why the talent in this WR draft is getting so criminally underrated.

Marshall was a 4th round pick

I think DeAndre Hopkins has Julio type skill set. I think Sidney Rice is a good barometer as well
    Patterson, definitely has that AJ Green type of skill... he's just totally raw. huge risk/huge reward

Banned
    Ben in the red zone in 2012:

37 of 67 for 216 yards 19 TDs 0 INTS 101.1 rating

Assistant Coach
    whatever dude......Yea Ben is to blame for huge drops by Limas Sweed in Cincy that season?......Ben should have thrown 30 TD passes that year but there was at least 5 dropped TD passes that year.....It was one of Ben's best seasons and Ben wasn't the problem in 2009...Its not excuses its a fact........This is what drives me nuts about you I'm not saying you should praise Ben all the time....You're justified by knocking Ben at the end of this year but at the sametime we all know 2009 that Ben wasn't the problem.....The defense couldn't stop the Raiders led by Bruce Gradkowski that season in Pittsburgh....lol Bruce Gradkowski....COME ON......lol
    i think it's inconsistent. You make all the excuses for why they didn't make the playoffs, and use it as an excuse for Ben. Well, I think the Ravens practically won the AFC champ game LAST year (Lee Evans drop). And I think they would've crushed the Giants. So, Flacco is elite, because he would've won a super bowl if it wasn't for someone elses mistake/failure

See.... that's why I don't like all the excuses that get made around here... because, if you made the excuses for any other team, you'd realize how dumb it ends up getting.

Thread Information