Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: That confirms it - Superbowl 47 will be between the 49ers and the *sigh* Ravens

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    So did Ben... when the season was on the line (Cinci).

I'm simply acknowledging that the Ravens are in the Super Bowl because of Flacco (and probably should've been in the Super Bowl last year, because of him) and that super bowl or no super bowl, he's been one of the better post season QBs over the last 3 years. and that counts for something, it counts at least as much as relying on **** that happened 5 and 8 years ago ( in terms of Ben's elite status).

I hate the Ravens (I'll be rooting hard for the 49ers). But I don't allow that to require me to be stupid about NFL talent
    and yet you bring it back to Ben....My God you're something else at times.......I'm not talking about Ben....lol Just bringing up the fact that you love the QBR so much.......Flacco had two of the lowest QBR ratings but yet you defend him for his great post-season play........I have been on the record of saying that Flacco is having a nice run and I'm impressed with him but sorry I'm not ball washing him like you are and some others are.....

My Mood
    Mad
    NeilPatrick since you love questioning Ben so much....How about Tom Brady now?.....If its fair to question Ben then its also fair to starting questioning the great Tom Brady........

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    and yet you bring it back to Ben....My God you're something else at times.......I'm not talking about Ben....lol Just bringing up the fact that you love the QBR so much.......Flacco had two of the lowest QBR ratings but yet you defend him for his great post-season play........I have been on the record of saying that Flacco is having a nice run and I'm impressed with him but sorry I'm not ball washing him like you are and some others are.....
    my mistake... i thought you still labeled Ben as elite. And since you don't think Flacco has earned that title, I thought it was a fair comparison when you brought up a specific game QBR.

I think QBR is a great indicator of winning. Kaepernick and Flacco are #1 and #3 in the playoffs in QBR.

i don't know what the definition of ball washing is. You are impressed with Flacco's playoff run... so am I. This is actually his 3rd consecutive "impressive" playoff run. It seems to me, that the definition of ball washing around here, is talking about any other QB, the way we talk about Ben.
    Return of the Banana

Assistant Coach
    NeilPatrick since you love questioning Ben so much....How about Tom Brady now?.....If its fair to question Ben then its also fair to starting questioning the great Tom Brady........
    Brady hasn't won the big one in quite some time. It's most definitely fair to start questioning him, especially given his age.

The thing that still separates Brady from Ben... is that Brady's teams are a contender every year... and the Steelers aren't. of course, we have plenty of excuses for that (coaches, playcalling, oline, 4th quarter defense...) I personally don't think Elite QBs have an excuse... the thing that makes them elite, is that their team is always a contender because of them.
    Return of the Banana

Banned
    Brady's a farce.

Sure he beats up a crap division.

But since they got caught in Spygate? He's lost 3 home playoff games and 2 Super Bowls.

Until he wins a ring without cheating? Piling up regular season numbers means squat.

My Mood
    Mad
    my mistake... i thought you still labeled Ben as elite. And since you don't think Flacco has earned that title, I thought it was a fair comparison when you brought up a specific game QBR.

I think QBR is a great indicator of winning. Kaepernick and Flacco are #1 and #3 in the playoffs in QBR.

i don't know what the definition of ball washing is. You are impressed with Flacco's playoff run... so am I. This is actually his 3rd consecutive "impressive" playoff run. It seems to me, that the definition of ball washing around here, is talking about any other QB, the way we talk about Ben.
    you must forgive me I'm kind of testy right now due to the Ravens reaching the Super Bowl.......Flacco has been impressive but his mission is not yet complete...He wins that game and really nobody ever can bash him again......I won't ever bash the guy again if he wins the Super Bowl.....

Of course I still think Ben is a top QB and I'm sorry Flacco needs a Super Bowl to join that group......just my opinion.....Its not like Flacco is Dan Marino.......You know....Dan Marino was elite even without a ring......

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Brady's a farce.

Sure he beats up a crap division.

But since they got caught in Spygate? He's lost 3 home playoff games and 2 Super Bowls.

Until he wins a ring without cheating? Piling up regular season numbers means squat.
    your hyperbole only serves to enforce the belief that you are a moron
    Return of the Banana

My Mood
    Mad
    Brady hasn't won the big one in quite some time. It's most definitely fair to start questioning him, especially given his age.

The thing that still separates Brady from Ben... is that Brady's teams are a contender every year... and the Steelers aren't. of course, we have plenty of excuses for that (coaches, playcalling, oline, 4th quarter defense...) I personally don't think Elite QBs have an excuse... the thing that makes them elite, is that their team is always a contender because of them.
    Really when hasn't the Steelers been a contender besides this year?........2009 Ben was damn good and it wasn't all his fault for defensive collapses during the 2009 season........2010 the Steelers reached the Super Bowl......2011 was still a play-off year......If you think I'm making excuses for Ben during 2009 then go ahead but its a fact that defense and special team collapses killed that team during that season........So really the only two years the Steelers were not contenders during Ben's career was 2006 and 2012..........Ben coming back from his motorcycle accident and then his appendix in 2006 really set him back....Didn't help that Cowher was basically a lame duck coach that year.....

2012 Ben sucked at the end and really the entire team sucked.......

Assistant Coach
    you must forgive me I'm kind of testy right now due to the Ravens reaching the Super Bowl.......Flacco has been impressive but his mission is not yet complete...He wins that game and really nobody ever can bash him again......I won't ever bash the guy again if he wins the Super Bowl.....

Of course I still think Ben is a top QB and I'm sorry Flacco needs a Super Bowl to join that group......just my opinion.....Its not like Flacco is Dan Marino.......You know....Dan Marino was elite even without a ring......
    i think the "ring" thing is magnified by Steelers fans who are protective of Ben's label within the context of the Elite QBs, and it leads to significant weighting of the "ring" in terms of elite status.

I agree, it's the rings that get Ben mentioned with the elites. It certainly isn't the "fantasy football stats" and it's definitely not the consistency. My argument is that while the "ring" is the MOST important aspect of judging a CAREER. It's not the most important aspect of the label "elite". It's a factor... but a ring from 5 years ago, is relatively meaningless in the conversation of the best QBs in the game right now. As far as winning and "big games" go... the present is most important, followed by the relatively recent. Along with that comes TALENT. And I'd much rather have more interesting conversations about ability, skill sets, weaknesses, etc.

At the end of the day... I don't really carry about labels. I do however, enjoy debating talent and performance... and right now... Flacco is playing like an elite QB, taking his team to the super bowl.
    Return of the Banana

I dont think Flacco squats when he pee's anymore. Dude is pretty damn good in the playoffs, I think the Rats win this superbowl, I could care less is the Niners got 6, I just so it this year.

Thread Information