Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Ariens got the AZ job because

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    236

    Ariens got the AZ job because

    When a QB calls a play in the huddle, and the players run the play, but the QB holds the ball and scrambles all the time, the "called play" doesn't ever get ran. [Ben].

    When you call a play, and the QB runs the play, the called play gets ran.[Luck].

    Ben is a schoolyard QB, and Luck is a pro QB.

    Ben can't throw on rhythm, nor the deep ball.

    Luck can do both. = success, and a HC job for the OC.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............


    Ben's improvising is minimal.

  3. #3
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gayvens Country
    Posts
    317
    Who really gives a flying F

  4. #4
    Draft Pick acero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Baja California
    Posts
    278
    because their FO doesnt have a clue what to do and they mimmick what the steelers do, they think that by recruiting all the black and gold rejects they are going to contend

  5. #5
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by acero View Post
    because their FO doesn't have a clue what to do and they mimick what the steelers do, they think that by recruiting all the black and gold rejects they are going to contend
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzz

    Ben's been where Luck wants to go...

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    Ben's career isn't over either.....

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz

    Where's Luck's rings?zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz good nite.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  6. #6
    Veteran steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,922
    Arians*

  7. #7
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    951
    Sure. If you say so!

    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    When a QB calls a play in the huddle, and the players run the play, but the QB holds the ball and scrambles all the time, the "called play" doesn't ever get ran. [Ben].

    When you call a play, and the QB runs the play, the called play gets ran.[Luck].

    Ben is a schoolyard QB, and Luck is a pro QB.

    Ben can't throw on rhythm, nor the deep ball.

    Luck can do both. = success, and a HC job for the OC.

  8. #8
    2nd String DBR96A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    952
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    When a QB calls a play in the huddle, and the players run the play, but the QB holds the ball and scrambles all the time, the "called play" doesn't ever get ran. [Ben].

    When you call a play, and the QB runs the play, the called play gets ran.[Luck].

    Ben is a schoolyard QB, and Luck is a pro QB.

    Ben can't throw on rhythm, nor the deep ball.

    Luck can do both. = success, and a HC job for the OC.
    Greg Cosell shits on your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cosell
    Gradually over time, Roethlisberger has gotten better and better. He’s more aware before the snap of the ball, and he’s more disciplined in the pocket. While he still has the ability to impress with his idiosyncratic combination of physicality and movement, his game is now less arbitrary, less random, more structured, and therefore more consistent. This is rarely acknowledged, however, because there has been no clear quantifiable means by which to measure the progress.
    ...

    One part of Roethlisberger’s improvement for which he does not get enough credit is his ability to make throws consistently from the pocket. It sounds strange to say that, because that’s the essence of NFL quarterbacking: delivering from the pocket. Yet the continued emphasis on his distinctive style has led many to disregard his pocket passing. I charted all 60 of Roethlisberger’s pass plays of 20 yards or more in 2011. Only five of them came outside the pocket. Time and again, Roethlisberger exhibited one of the most essential attributes necessary to play at a consistently high level: the ability to stand in the pocket in the face of pressure and deliver the ball with accuracy. That’s an element of his play that often gets overlooked. It shouldn’t.
    Cosell has been watching and analyzing game film for 33 years. Don't pretend you know more than he does, and don't talk about QBing until after Roethlisberger retires. Maybe you will have learned something about it by then.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

  9. #9
    2nd String
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    951
    And he consistently places in the top 5 for most stats each year. Sometimes leading in some stats. And that is despite his injuries. He one of the top QB's to ever play the NFL. His stats and achievements clearly support that.

    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Greg Cosell shits on your opinion.



    Cosell has been watching and analyzing game film for 33 years. Don't pretend you know more than he does, and don't talk about QBing until after Roethlisberger retires. Maybe you will have learned something about it by then.

  10. #10
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Gayvens Country
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Greg Cosell shits on your opinion.



    Cosell has been watching and analyzing game film for 33 years. Don't pretend you know more than he does, and don't talk about QBing until after Roethlisberger retires. Maybe you will have learned something about it by then.
    Boooyow

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ariens promoted to OC
    By Black@Gold Forever32 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •