Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Weak 2013 nfl draft calls for drastic action for 8-8 teams.

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

A Weak 2013 nfl draft calls for drastic action for 8-8 teams.

This is probably the weakest draft I've ever seen. We aren't going to get an impact player out of this draft.

I think the very best move the Steelers could make this off-season would be to pick up a diamond in the rough from another team.

Sometimes teams let gems sit on the bench until they need him, and then they shine.

2 years ago, the Raiders picked up an awesome talent in the later rounds, and because minor injuries, he hasn't been given a chance to shine.

When he was coming out of college, I held my breath and crossed my fingers and toes that the Steelers would pick him up, but they didn't.

I think the steelers need a game breaker RB, and I also think that the Raiders Taiwan Jones fits that bill.

Get this, he was a shutdown corner in college until his team needed a RB, then he switched to RB and excelled.

Taiwan Jones can play RB with the best of them, and he can cover with the best DB's, and he can return kicks and punts.

He only played RB in college a short time, so when he came into the NFL he had a slight fumbling problem, because NFL is a little more skilled at stripping the ball.

I think he can be better than Jamaal Charles or McCluckster, and he reminds me of great turf runners of days gone by.

He is the fastest Raider. Remember Preist Homes and how he blossomed in a different climate?

With such a weak draft, the best thing the Steelrs could do is give the Raiders a 3 and or 4 round picks for Jones.
    Last edited by weakdraft; 01-19-2013 at 02:49 PM.

2 drafts in 1 for us this year with a few IR season ending rookies coming back. We'll be fine!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    We won't be fine until we get a RB that can move the chains downfield, or take it to the end zone.

Taiwan Jones is a freak. Speed, good hands, runs between tackles, good eyes.

The guy is tailor made for Todd Haley. Such a freakish athlete.

HE injured a foot before the draft, and it nagged him his first year. He had minor injuries associated with compensating for the injury last year.

He is healthy now. He is a team guy who loves the game. We could get 10 years out of him.

He reminds me of Terrell Davis in a lot of ways. Marcus Allen too.
    Last edited by weakdraft; 01-19-2013 at 03:41 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    What makes you think the Raiders would be willing to trade him? Plus, the diamond in the rough you speak of could very well be in this "weak" draft. I want a great running back too, but I can't see the Steelers trading for a guy that's had injuries despite not really playing that much.

Chris

So we get a RB! This team will dip into the FA market...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

You know, when I think "drastic action" the first thing that pops into my head is "hey, we need to trade for an ex 4th round pick at running back that has a total of 94 rushing yards and 5 receiving yards in his 2 year career. That'll turn us around."

Look, I get it. I was a big fan of Taiwan Jones coming out of Eastern Washington. Starting in the 3rd round I was hoping for him. But let's be real. You're making him out to be Adrian Peterson with Darrelle Revis cover skills. He can be a nice change of pace guy, which I was hoping he'd be in Pittsburgh, not a workhorse. He's 6'0 197 lbs. it shouldn't be a surprise that he can't stay healthy. He's a taller Chris Rainey type. I'd be down for Taiwan Jones on this team, but he wouldn't fix this teams issues.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    You know, when I think "drastic action" the first thing that pops into my head is "hey, we need to trade for an ex 4th round pick at running back that has a total of 94 rushing yards and 5 receiving yards in his 2 year career. That'll turn us around."

Look, I get it. I was a big fan of Taiwan Jones coming out of Eastern Washington. Starting in the 3rd round I was hoping for him. But let's be real. You're making him out to be Adrian Peterson with Darrelle Revis cover skills. He can be a nice change of pace guy, which I was hoping he'd be in Pittsburgh, not a workhorse. He's 6'0 197 lbs. it shouldn't be a surprise that he can't stay healthy. He's a taller Chris Rainey type. I'd be down for Taiwan Jones on this team, but he wouldn't fix this teams issues.
    Lol and there goes the wind in them sails

Guys what do you think about this.....trade our first this year for a teams first next year and their 2nd this year?

I'd love to see an accumulation of picks one year........just a thought
    Last edited by polamalu43; 01-19-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I love where your trying to go. But remember, we have Colbert as our GM. Are you that confident that he can evlauate and pick gems in the later rounds? Gems that will pay dividends this season? Because we need a DT this season. Not a guy who's a project.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    This draft is a little weak at certain positions (QB and RB), but there is good defensive talent available.

Thread Information