Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A Weak 2013 nfl draft calls for drastic action for 8-8 teams.

Bookmark and Share

A Weak 2013 nfl draft calls for drastic action for 8-8 teams.

I've said it before, when the head coach benches your first round RB in favor of undrafted turds, that's a problem! I under stand the suspension for a game but not the benching.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    In the era of artificial turf, it was easy to find great running backs. Now that we are back to natural surfaces, you aren't going to see the days where you have 5 or 6 great RB's in the league at the same time.

A running game that can consistently move the chains and burn clock, while resting your defense and producing points is more important than a good passing game. O-linemen prefer to run block anyway because they can just tee off.

The steelers neeed a running game. Great backs don't need great lines. Earl Campbell, Payton,Dickerson, OJ, and others didn't have lines like Emmit Smith, Marcus Allen, Harris, and others had.

The steelers need a RB that can move chains and take it the distance.

If we are going to stay elite, we have to find that RB. Priest Holmes didn't excel until he went to KC. Bettis didn't excel until he came to the Burg. Sometimes a change in scenery and teams makes a big difference for a guy.

I believe that we could see Taiwan Jones morph into a Marcus Allen type if he came to the Burg, and we give him 20 touches a game. Haley knows how to use him in space.

Jones was a late round pick but so was Terrell Davis, and many other former players. Jones put the ball on the ground a few times and they gave up on him because the Oakland coach was paranoid about his job.

AP and Tiki Barber also had fumbling problems that they overcame. You learn that in the NFL you have to be careful because everybody practices stripping the ball.

I'M TALKING ABOUT THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE OF THE STEELERS HERE. WE NEED A PLAYMAKER RB. ONE IS AVAILABLE FOR PEANUTS, TAKE A CHANCE. GIVE THE RAIDERS A 3RD ROUNDER FOR JONES. THATS WHERE THEY DRAFTED HIM. THROW IN A LATER ROUND PICK IF YOU HAVE TO. DUDE CAN PLAY ! FILM DONT LIE !

Would you take Chris Johnson for a 3rd rounder?

taiwan jones isnt even trusted to get on the field, thats a nonsensical idea...mcfadden and goodman were both hurt and jones wasnt given any carries at all. thats a horrible idea

and chris johnson is way to expensive

priest holmes was running behind an offensive line full of hall of famers, and bettis had a badass oline and some of the quickest feet youll ever see on a RB, dont act like a rare talent like that comes around every day

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    I'M TALKING ABOUT THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE OF THE STEELERS HERE. WE NEED A PLAYMAKER RB. ONE IS AVAILABLE FOR PEANUTS, TAKE A CHANCE. GIVE THE RAIDERS A 3RD ROUNDER FOR JONES. THATS WHERE THEY DRAFTED HIM. THROW IN A LATER ROUND PICK IF YOU HAVE TO. DUDE CAN PLAY ! FILM DONT LIE !
    That's completely ridiculous. First, you don't even know where he was drafted. They didn't draft him in the 3rd, they drafted him in the 4th. Not only that, but he was their second 4th round pick, at number 28. And you want to give up a 3rd round pick to get a player who couldn't touch the field on a 4-12 team. It's moronic; and stop fracking shouting.

No, I wouldn't give them a 3rd, or a 4th or a 5th for you Taiwan; in fact, I absolutely no interest in you. Go try the Jets forums. They're stupid over there.

Assistant Coach
    trading a 3rd round pick for taiwan jones is among the dumbest suggestions this board has ever seen...

I'd offer a conditional 7th, the condition being that he made the team

on a side note... if you are trying to pluck a lesser known running back from another team. One that has actually proven to be a capable NFL RB. You should look at Joique Bell in Detroit. He's a RFA. Detroit has cap issues, I doubt they qualify him at anything more than the minimum (UDFA).
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    That's completely ridiculous. First, you don't even know where he was drafted. They didn't draft him in the 3rd, they drafted him in the 4th. Not only that, but he was their second 4th round pick, at number 28. And you want to give up a 3rd round pick to get a player who couldn't touch the field on a 4-12 team. It's moronic; and stop fracking shouting.

No, I wouldn't give them a 3rd, or a 4th or a 5th for you Taiwan; in fact, I absolutely no interest in you. Go try the Jets forums. They're stupid over there.
    They were 4-12 because they didn't game plan around him and use him. But then, the HC was dimwitted.

Thread Information