Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Weak 2013 nfl draft calls for drastic action for 8-8 teams.

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    I probably should have put more emphasis on the Toadd Haley angle.
    Taiwan would do extremely well in a Todd Haley offense.
    Taiwan doesn't appear to be a "3 yards in a cloud of dust back", but if you put him in space, in a spread offense, and get him the bal, he would be dynamic.
    He is a FREAK ATHLETE WITH 4.3 FLAT SPEED.
    He can run between the tackles too.

He didn't fit in the Raiders style offense. Jones needs 20 touches a game. He might not get much for 10 touches, but if you keep feeding him the ball, he can make several big plays for you.

He hurt his foot in college, and tried to play thru it his first year. Last year, the coaches just missed on him.

The reason the Raiders didn't play him is because he put the ball on a the ground a few times, but most rookis do.

AP had fumble troubles too, but he worked thru them. I think AP had 9 fumbles his first year. YOU LEARN THAT IN THE NFL, THEY ARE ALWAYS LOOKING TO STRIP THE BALL, IN COLLEGE, NOT SO MUCH. "COACH EM UP!!!"

Banned
    Raider watchers say Taiwan Jones is a beast in practice, they can't understand why the lousy coaches don't play him either.

He learned how to hang onto the ball. They say he had outstanding cover skill as a CB, but when his team needed a RB in a pinch, they switched him to RB because he was the best athelete on the team.

He has good hands, so you could line him up wide, or in the backfield. And you could probably use him at safety of CB in a pinch. HE JUST LOVES TO PLAY FOOTBALL.

PLUS, HE CAN RETURN KICKS AND PUNTS. HE IS A PLAYMAKER.

Assistant Coach

A Weak 2013 nfl draft calls for drastic action for 8-8 teams.

^ this message brought to you by Taiwan Jones
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    ^ this message brought to you by Taiwan Jones
    Lol I was thinking the exact same thing

Banned
    You people are nutz. I live in Sturgis S.D. ......... ask admin to check the IP.

I'm pretty certain that if the steelers don't right their ship, we could be in for a loooog winning drought.
    Us steeler fans have had it pretty good for the last 40 years or so.
    I look forward to Sunday football all my life because Steelers win.

How do you feel about the steelers missing on Marino back in 83? We'd have about 10 to 12 lombardis.

IF THE STEELERS ARE GOING TO WIN, THEY NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERY OPPORTUNITY OUT THERE.

I SAW THIS 8-8 SEASON COMING AND WROTE A LETTER TO THE PITTSBURGH NEWSPAPER EDITOR SAYING THAT, BACK IN SEPT.

I CAN SEE 4-12 NEXT YEAR. .............No pass rush, waaay overpaid Linebackers, old and injury prone secondary, OL "can't" protect Ben because they don't have eyes on the back of their head and never know where he is, No running game or explosive RB, great WR -but no QB to get them the ball downfield because the QB likes to play schoolyard football.

AND A HEAD COACH WHO WON WITH COWHERS TEAM, BUT HAS NO ABILITY TO BUILD AND COACH HIS OWN TEAM.

8-8 COULD HE BEST WE'LL SEE FOR AWHILE, FOLKS.
    Last edited by weakdraft; 01-22-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Starter
    And Cowher won with Noll's players early.

When they left, they didn't win anymore.

Then Dan Rooney pulled rank and drafted Ben.

Works both ways.

If Tomlin won with Cowher's players shouldn't Tomlin be allowed to build his own team?

Starter
    "School yard football" LOL

Yeah Ben can't get the ball down field.

5th all time in YPA before the golf coach showed up.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I do not agree with looking for OL in the first round but if Warmack is available he is easily the best player by far. I do not see how you put anyone else' s name down.
    Larry Warford is just as good if not better than Warmack Warford is not as well known because he played on a horrible team and warmack played for Alabama Warford set a record for consecutive starts so he has more experience than Warmack

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Seems to me, we've can't just let Wallace walk for nothing. If we do, I'll be calling for Colbert's job. We need to get "something" for Wallace. Even if it's just an additional 3rd pick.

But you can't tell me we can't get atleast a second round pick from someone for Wallace. That would go a long way in helping us to get where we want to go.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Seems to me, we've can't just let Wallace walk for nothing. If we do, I'll be calling for Colbert's job. We need to get "something" for Wallace. Even if it's just an additional 3rd pick.

But you can't tell me we can't get atleast a second round pick from someone for Wallace. That would go a long way in helping us to get where we want to go.
    The Steelers used to let talent walk for nothing all the time. They are in trouble (cap wise) because they stopped adhering to that principle while trying to keep an aging contender together.

Wallace WILL walk for nothing. And it's the right thing to do.

The only move the Steelers could make, is to franchise tag him.... but then they run the awful risk of Wallace SIGNING the tag, and essentially putting them is a complete disaster scenario with regards to the cap.

Calling for Colbert's job, when he does the right thing, will be great entertainment for me
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Thread Information