Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USMC's Official Pre Combine Mock Draft

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

USMC's Official Pre Combine Mock Draft

Hey guys. This is my official Mock draft b4 the combine-prodays-senior bowl-shrine game etc. My next one will be after the combine. Anyway Ill do my pick followed by 3 potential alternative options with explanations/bios/stats for each with a highlight or video if i can find any. Opinions, Thoughts, Criticism is obviously welcomed for discussion since im sure i wont appeal to everybody.

Round 1 - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 243.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
    Jordan has 44 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles and five sacks so far in 2012. His pass-rush opportunities have been hurt because he is often dropped back into pass coverage. Jordan plays well in space and would definitely fit best as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL. This guy is very versatile and athletic and i think he could give the steelers the ability to place him in multiple situations in multiple looks. ---- ALT's - (Manti Te'O, Barkevious Mingo, Kennan Allen)

ROUND 2 - Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 215.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
    Thomas leads the nation with eight interceptions. He had three picks against Colorado, returning two of them for touchdowns. Thomas also has recorded 82 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, four passes broken up and four forced fumbles. He has really put himself on the map with his big plays. A ture ballhawking playmaker in the 2ndary that the steelers have not had in a long time, can spend a yr or 2 learning behind Clark and Troy and relieving them on plays.
    ----ALT's - (Eric Reid, Justin Hunter, Ed Lacy)

Round 3 - Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 340.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.31.
    Kentucky was terrible in 2012, but Warford was very good. He opened up holes in the ground game and performed well in pass protection. Warford is a better athlete and quicker than one would think. He had an impressive senior season. Warford is also a good pass-blocker. He is strong at the point of attack and can push defensive linemen around. The senior has underrated speed and quickness for his size. Warford, Warmack and Bailey are all very comparable prospects who should turn into solid starters at guard in the NFL. ---- ALT's - (Jesse Williams, Sean Porter, Barcarri Rambo)

Round 4 - Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 190.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
    Ellington had a solid senior year. His added weight allowed him to be a more effective runner between the tackles and pick up more yards after contact. He averaged 5.2 yards per carry with 1,081 yards and eight touchdowns. Ellington also caught 14 passes for 232 yards and a score. The senior has improved his draft stock. This guy would be a very good C-O-P back and could also do well for us in the return game. --- ALT's - (Kenjon Barner, Duke Williams, Ray Graham)

Round 5 - Conner Vernon, WR, Duke
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 195.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
    Vernon is a solid receiver who has a nice combination of size and quickness. He made 85 receptions for 1,074 yards and eight touchdowns this year. ----ALT's - ( Aaron Mellette, Aaron Dobson)

Round 6 - Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 239.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
    He finished with 97 tackles, four tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks, three interceptions and three forced fumbles. Mauti had an interception returned 99 yards against Illinois. He drops a little bit because of his injury but he had a very productive career and LBerU is known for producing results.

ROUND 7 - Brandon Williams NT, Missouri Southern
    HT - 6'2", WT - 328
    40 time - 5.09
    This is my sleeper pick i know his level of competition hasn't been high but i like his production and his work ethic seems like a great kid that wants to work hard to earn what he gets. Got a good head on his shoulders and a high motor to go with great frame and work ethic. This yr he had 5 forced fumbles, 8.5 sacks, and 16.5 tackles for loss. He got an invite to the senior bowl so well get a chance to see him and he may raise his stock.

Draft Pick
    I like your list, especially Phillip Thomas, so I'm basically just agreeing with Flame. Thomas plays like a Steeler. He's a big play guy with great hands... and he can hit hard.

Draft Pick
    I like your list, especially Phillip Thomas, so I'm basically just agreeing with Flame. Thomas plays like a Steeler. He's a big play guy with great hands... and he can hit hard.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Love the phillip Thomas pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

I need to put Ellington as a ALT pick in rounds 2-4. I doubt he even sniffs being close to 4 but well see.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Didn't notice u had ellington.

I think we would have to select him in the third round.

reminds me very much of Chris Johnson
    Wallace sucks.
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Manic
    WHY WOULD YOU DIRECTLY LIFT the player descriptions from walter football ? and not give them credit for there work

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    WHY WOULD YOU DIRECTLY LIFT the player descriptions from walter football ? and not give them credit for there work
    I don't think anyone cares
    Wallace sucks.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    who cares... were a msg board, not a news source
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information