Thread: Trade Scenerio..?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Trade Scenerio..?

I can't remember the website but i will look for it so i can show proof of it and that it wasn't my idea but it was interesting.

I read an article where due to the salary cap it was proposed we could Trade Ike Taylor for some draft picks and use the free'd up money (Along with other cuts like colon etc, and restructured contracts) Resign Keenan Lewis.

So we would trade Taylor to a team for some picks and cap relief to sign Lewis.

I found it interesting since Taylor is getting older and Cortez Allen seems like he is almost ready to be a starter, and i would love me some extra draft picks.

But at the same time Who would want taylor and at his age what kind of return are we looking at as far as draft picks...
    And we would also then need to draft a Nickle Back since i dont think Brown is ready yet.

Your Thoughts Guys.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Don't they could get much for Ike.......he is on the down side of his career......

Veteran
    If they traded him, I believe it would also result in a 2.5 million cap savings (I think for cap purposes, a trade is the same as cutting him.) I don't know what he'd bring back in return though. I think B@G is right; since he's on the downside (or at the very least, the end of his prime) he's not as desirable as a guy like, say, Keenan Lewis (who is on the up-side and could be had for similar, if not less money.)

Starter
    Due to his close relationship with Dan it would shock me if we traded Ike to a place where he might not want to play.

If he's not playing for us, I think we would release him to allow him to go to a team of his choice.

Guys the harsh reality is we lose Harrison, Hampton, Mendenhall, Wallace this year..........Taylor, Polamalu/Clark, Keisel next year then we are fully purged except for Big Ben. Then it all starts again. We need 2 more solid drafts too keep the Super Bowl talk going!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalu43 View Post
    Guys the harsh reality is we lose Harrison, Hampton, Mendenhall, Wallace this year..........Taylor, Polamalu/Clark, Keisel next year then we are fully purged except for Big Ben. Then it all starts again. We need 2 more solid drafts too keep the Super Bowl talk going!
    Best Business would be to sign Wallace and trade him for picks....
    Sign Mendenhall and trade him

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalu43 View Post
    I wish we could lose all of them this season.

Starter
    You are aware that when you trade someone his entire bonus is a one year cap hit yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    You are aware that when you trade someone his entire bonus is a one year cap hit yes?
    I forgot, get rid of all the old guys... its cleanup time.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    What about trading Gilbert then resigning Starks
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information