Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K Train's First 2013 Mock

Bookmark and Share
    I would be very happy with this Draft although i wanna look up stats and highlights of picks 6 and 7 because to be honest i haven't heard too much about them. But a very solid draft.... Jesse williams and Te'O would be AWESOME

Ill also follow suit and be posting my Official Pre-Combine mock draft later today...

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    If Mcgahee is a first round pick, Lattimore is worth anything after that for sure
    Just noticed that quote, i pretty much wrote the same thing too..

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't disagree that Lattimore isn't worth a 3rd round pick but I would sit back with him and see if you can land him in the 4th or 5th round....I see this draft as a very important one for the Steelers and they really need to hit on their first three picks.......They need these players really to contribute right away and can't really wait for a player coming of injury to fully heal....I wouldn't be mad if they did take Lattimore in the 3rd but 5th would be great.....

Every draft is very important to every team, just because the team was 8-8 doesn't mean we need a bunch of day one starters. Building blocks are essential and honestly we usually never let rounds 3-7 play much if at all the rookie year, were gonna be relying on guys from 2012 to step up more than the rookies. Lattimore would get the same treatment only he physically won't be able to play. You know how I'm always for acquiring an extra first rounder, well I would treat this as an extra 1st rounder in 2014 which would excite the hell out of me

My Mood
    Manic
    Lattimore scares me for one reason his knee has been rebuilt twice now and with the current nfl practice format he's an injury waiting to happen

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Every draft is very important to every team, just because the team was 8-8 doesn't mean we need a bunch of day one starters. Building blocks are essential and honestly we usually never let rounds 3-7 play much if at all the rookie year, were gonna be relying on guys from 2012 to step up more than the rookies. Lattimore would get the same treatment only he physically won't be able to play. You know how I'm always for acquiring an extra first rounder, well I would treat this as an extra 1st rounder in 2014 which would excite the hell out of me
    No doubt every draft is important....But there is a transition going on with the Steelers roster (more so in recent memory) so to me this draft is really important and this team better start looking to getting something out of their first three picks like most teams in the NFL......All I'm saying is rather see them take somebody that can actually contribute in the third round rather then wait for a player to fully heal and really may never be the same........Like I said I wouldn't be mad if they took Lattimore in the 3rd but would prefer to take a chance on him in the 4th or 5th round.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    K Train, I really like this draft. I have some questions for you. First, I thought Aaron Murray decided to go back to Georgia for his senior year? I would love to see the Steelers get Manti Te'o, and not just because I'm a HUGE Notre Dame fan, but because him and Timmons would be an insane combination at MLB. What do you think are the real chances of getting Te'o at 17? I noticed you don't have Eddie Lacy listed anywhere. Is there a reason you don't have him as a possibility? I like Denard Robinson too. In fact, I had him in my early mock draft as well, which is posted on here, but do you think the Steelers might pass on him because he's in the same mold as Brown and Sanders as far as build? I like the idea of Lattimore, but do you think given the Steelers need to have a 3 down RB now will cause them to not even look at him since he probably won't play until 2014? These are just some questions I'd love to hear your feedback on. If you didn't check out my early mock draft, please take a look and let me know what you think. I'd really like to hear your opinion. Thanks!!

Chris

1 - trade number ones and take Dion Jordan late in Round 1 and pick up an extra 3
    2 - Eric Reed FS
    3 - Dennard Robinson WR
    3 - Gerald Hodges LB
    4 - Zac Dysert QB
    5 - Christine Micheal RB
    6 - Marc Anthony - CB
    7 - Joseph Fauria - TE

My Mood
    Addicted
    Thanks for posting. I think we need a RB earlier and also a legitimate #2 QB.

Veteran
    I think this would be a very solid draft. However, I disagree with much of it.

We'll be starting 2013 without our starting RB, without one of our starting WRs and without our starting TE. This draft doesn't address any of those needs, which are quite significant. Plus that would be yet another high pick on the OL, which would now sport two ones and three twos. We're suffering elsewhere because of that; and we should be able to get good talent later in the draft (the same with the DL). By the way, we may have a hall of famer in the group we already have.

I like the thought about Lattimore. Good outside the box thinking there (but no way would I spend a 3 on a guy who will sit on the DL for a year.)

This is a core type draft; building the guts of the team if you will. A couple months ago, I'd have been thrilled with this (though I would have hoped for a safety.). However, I think the needs that showed themselves during the year need immediate attention.

Thread Information