Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Arians is the Cards HC : Official

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Haley had Warner and blew a 24-6 lead in the NFC title game.

Haley had Warner and didn't do anything for three quarters in SB XLIII until we went prevent.

Haley had Ben and turned him into Trent Dilfer at the request of ownership.

So BFD when a coach has a great QB. Haley proved he can't win with them.
    blinded by the fight
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Haley had a 40 yr old Warner that although he played great and above expectations was past his prime and i dont think he compares to Manning, Ben, and Luck. Maybe 1999 Warner but not 2008 Warner. So Arians still had the upper hand in QB's.

I will admit that Haley bent over and took it with ownership turning our offense into a run first team when it was obvious we were not nor did we have the guys for it.

But i dont blame out record on haley he isnt totally responsible for the injuries, fumbles, dropped passes, lack of focus (cough cough wallace...) He didnt have any control over that. So while i say his first yr was not a great and Haley may not be a great O-Cord im not saying im giving up on him yet...

I mean b4 bens injury he was having a great yr and staying off of his ***.

I dont think you can argue tho a Great QB can make a average O-Cord look like a genius even if he is not.

I mean Brady makes most of his O-Cords look good Mcdaniels, Weis... But then when they went to teams with garbage QB's they failed... McDaniels (Orton) Weis (i think between ND HC, and KC OC he had 3 Decent seasons with garbage QBs - his first 2 yrs at ND with Quinn and the 10-6 yr with KC and Cassel which by the way they had a stellar run game)
    yea, because being 21st in the NFL in Rushing Play percentage makes you a run first team
    When you Pass, 60% of the time... you cannot be called a run first team.

The Steelers ran more under Arians, than under Haley
    (16th 2011, 5th 2010, 20th 2009, 10th 2008, 5th 2007, 18th 2006)

The data goes back to 2003...

THE STEELERS RAN THE BALL LESS IN 2012 THAN THEY EVER DID IN ANY OF THE LAST TEN YEARS

When Lord... when will these clowns look at some data?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    yea, because being 21st in the NFL in Rushing Play percentage makes you a run first team
    When you Pass, 60% of the time... you cannot be called a run first team.

The Steelers ran more under Arians, than under Haley
    (16th 2011, 5th 2010, 20th 2009, 10th 2008, 5th 2007, 18th 2006)

The data goes back to 2003...

THE STEELERS RAN THE BALL LESS IN 2012 THAN THEY EVER DID IN ANY OF THE LAST TEN YEARS

When Lord... when will these clowns look at some data?
    I must admit i didn't look at the stats. I just took his word for the sake of conversation. But if thats the case then my point stands that this yrs problems on offense cant fall on Haley alone... which alot of people seem to be doing.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    I must admit i didn't look at the stats. I just took his word for the sake of conversation. But if thats the case then my point stands that this yrs problems on offense cant fall on Haley alone... which alot of people seem to be doing.
    the problems on offense aren't on Haley at all.

Problem #1 - Franchise QB gets injured, misses 3.5 games
    Problem #2 - Franchise QB returns from Rib and Shoulder injuries and clearly doesn't have consistency of arm strength (both initially in return, and specifically late in games.
    Problem #3 - Young Oline, Injured Oline
    Problem #4 - Franchise QB's 4th Quarter Magic became 4th Quarter choking (largely due to #1 and #2 late in the season IMO)
    Problem #4 - Lack of Talent at RB
    Problem #5 - WR drops/mistakes

Haley did a fine job. Before Ben was injured, he was in the conversation of league MVP. He was having his best all around year. Haley's offense is a good fit for Ben. I expect it to be even better next year (I expect them to add some talent through the draft WR and a sneaky free agent/trade move RB)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    the problems on offense aren't on Haley at all.

Problem #1 - Franchise QB gets injured, misses 3.5 games
    Problem #2 - Franchise QB returns from Rib and Shoulder injuries and clearly doesn't have consistency of arm strength (both initially in return, and specifically late in games.
    Problem #4 - Franchise QB's 4th Quarter Magic became 4th Quarter choking (largely due to #1 and #2 late in the season IMO)

Haley did a fine job. Before Ben was injured, he was in the conversation of league MVP. He was having his best all around year. Haley's offense is a good fit for Ben. I expect it to be even better next year (I expect them to add some talent through the draft WR and a sneaky free agent/trade move RB)
    THIS! Well said.

Banned
    Bull crap.

Just like last season. Where did we rank in rushing in 2011 with Arians?

And the 4th quarter defense blowing leads again? Ben had three 4th quarter comebacks this season to go along with the ones he didn't. When you worry more about time of possession, and not scoring points? This is what happens when every game is played close to the vest.

The play-calling in Dallas and in Cincy was a joke. If Arians is the OC? We win both of those games. EASILY.

Then why are we running on 18 of 27 1st down plays against the Bengals in Pittsburgh? COACHING.

And yet with the season on the line in Dallas and Cincy, Plaxico Burress is inactive, and Todd Haley's boy Leonard "field goal team" Pope isn't. Again, COACHING.

Haley's offense is a good fit for Ben.
    No it isn't. It sets him up to get crunched.

And it did.

They talk about correcting problems and as an organization but they don't even know what the problems are.
    Last edited by Crash; 01-18-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Banned
    Oh btw, Arians left Indy, so what did the Colts do?

They hired Luck's college OC to replace him. Just like when Denver hired Jim Fassel as OC in 1993 when Dan Reeves was fired, Fassel was Elway's QB coach at Stanford and they ran the Stanford 1979-1982 offense for Elway in 1993-1994.

They get it.

While the HOF-er in Pittsburgh gets treated like garbage and handed a golf coach.
    Last edited by Crash; 01-18-2013 at 06:51 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't understand how there is this much of an argument between an OC that was here for years, vs. an OC that was here for 1...give the man another year to see how things pan out...kinda hard to come in with a new system and new verbage, and expect to be an elite/dominating offense...

Banned
    The way they play hurts them.

Slow, plodding, deliberate, snail paced, dink and dunk.

And for what reason? To rest our freaking defense that makes double the money on their side of the ball than the offense makes.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Bull crap.
    It's not surprising that you can't recognize the little things.

Remember that Cinci drive you always refer to, the one that starts with an INC Screen pass to brown, and then Mendy ripped off an 11 yard run. But the drive stalled after 2 more runs and a Big Ben scramble on 3rd that led to a missed LONG 53 yard FG... I know you remember that drive because you focus on the 2nd and 3rd run... but not on the INC and Long Run. Anyways, when Ben shorted that first pass, that INC pass... what did you attribute it to? I mean, no NFL QB shorts that pass (and it wasn't the first time he shorted that pass since returning from injury).

That throw highlights the SC injury and the busted rib, as it is a quick, jerk motion throw.

Just like last season. Where did we rank in rushing in 2011 with Arians?
    you mean when we had a healthy Rashard Mendenhall and only 1 rookie played (gilbert). are you always this clownish?

And the 4th quarter defense blowing leads again? Ben had three 4th quarter comebacks this season to go along with the ones he didn't. When you worry more about time of possession, and not scoring points? This is what happens when every game is played close to the vest.
    your inability to be critical of the most important player on the team continues to blind you
    you have to pivot everytime the QB performance in critical games is raised. the defense didn't throw those pick 6's this year. time of possession had nothing to do with those sacks at critical moments. Ben lost the Cinci and Dallas games, as much as he won super bowl XLIII.
    The play-calling in Dallas and in Cincy was a joke. If Arians is the OC? We win both of those games. EASILY.
    There were 12 offensive series in the Dallas game, and they only called running plays on 1st and 2nd down consecutively... twice.

The Cinci game was completely and totally lost by Roethlisberger. His mistakes account for 10 of the 13 points against, including the game ending turnover.

Then why are we running on 18 of 27 1st down plays against the Bengals in Pittsburgh? COACHING.
    pretty good coaching in a close game, in which the opponents offense never demonstrated an offensive ability and your QB was playing with a bum shoulder that will take a large portion of the offseason to rehab completely.

Ben had his WORST game of the season against Cinci... place some blame where it belongs homer.

ps we ran 18 of 28 times on first down against Cinci in the 1st matchup... and won... but our QB didn't suck in that game.

And yet with the season on the line in Dallas and Cincy, Plaxico Burress is inactive, and Todd Haley's boy Leonard "field goal team" Pope isn't. Again, COACHING.
    do you ever get bored of saying the same thing... over and over again?

Bad coaching is using a running approach against teams that struggle against the run, but are good against the pass??? Bad coaching is dressing a depth blocker against teams that pressure the QB??? Clearly, dressing the WR who NO ONE WANTED for 10 weeks, is what the smart coaches would do... since you know, none of those coaches even wanted the guy.

No it isn't. It sets him up to get crunched.

And it did.
    Your claim is that we run the ball too much, and use a "dink and dunk" offense.... and that somehow sets the QB up to "Get crunched"? do you feel dumb when you re-read your posts?

They talk about correcting problems and as an organization but they don't even know what the problems are.
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 01-18-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Thread Information