Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    He would be great in a slash role. Unfortunately, you never want your second string QB to be that polarizing. It would bring too much drama to the team.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Yeah,no for our team but he'd be a solid pick up for Jacksonville who could use his local
    god like status to bolster attendance and give that team some life. If he doesn't succeed
    there then he might as well give up or try the CFL.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I have always hated Tebow......But I do find it funny that the Donkey's get rid of him and bring in Peyton for a shot at the Super Bowl but Peyton only got them as far as Tebow did...lol Feel bad for Tebow in a way.......The Jets had no clue to use him and I don't think Tebow would be a good fit in Pittsburgh......

he could be a player that rushes and catches 20 TDs in a season....but he doesnt want to be that player.

Hes gonna bounce around and be the talk of the sport networks and QB controversies until he becomes the most coveted broadcaster between all the networks

Draft Pick
    No, they don't need the media circus. Tebow time is nearly over let him fade away into mediocrity in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    What does he add to this team?
    I stated he would not fit in Pittsburgh, I also stated he at least plays with some fire/determination, which I didn't see out of many of our players this year. Like jdehoff83 posted, maybe a backup TE or the emergency QB, it's just not gonna happen in Da Burgh. And I will stand corrected he's not a drama queen he's just way over hyped, the media jumped on him as being this perfect christian athlete role model and ran with it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he could be a player that rushes and catches 20 TDs in a season....but he doesnt want to be that player.
    I think that's spot on. He still sees himself as a starting QB. And can you blame him? He got a chance to start in Denver, and all he did was win. It wasn't pretty at times, but wins are wins. And unlike Manning, he won a playoff game, playing his best game of the year to boot.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    If the Steelers were a stable team, I would be ok with bringing him in. However, they have so many holes to fill, they do not need anymore story-lines. I like the guy - he is a winner. Not a drama queen. It's not his fault the media went so bat-**** crazy about him.
    Agreed.

My Mood
    Addicted
    We do need a backup and he is an OK quarterback, probably would learn a thing or too from Ben, but being a Gator hater, I'm not a fan of his but I don't hate him either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

I think its safe to say none of us think he is a starting QB in the league. But when given the chance he did win games. Talk bad about his ability to read defenses and his throwing style all you want, but at the end of the day when given the chance the guy just wins, and isnt that all any team could ask for?

The real problem is the media circus that follows him. I think he would be a decent utility guy who can pass, run, catch, block. I think the QB controversy last yr was because Sanchez is garbage. But if he came to a team with a legit #1 QB like Ben or Brady etc that wouldnt happen, he would be a viable #2 QB that we could put in for situational purposes, but you have to utilize him the right way which the Jets did not at all.

It will never happened, but i wouldnt mind him on the Steelers if the price was right and they actually had a legit game plan for him. He has heart, the desire to win, (which the steelers didnt have this yr) and isnt a constant problem unless you screw him constantly like the jets did like skipping over him to start the 3rd string QB.

Thread Information