Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Just a thought

I think most people will agree Tim Tebow does not have a professional caliber arm, however he is an outstanding athlete. He weighs 235 or more and has decent speed. What would happen if he is cut loose by the Jets and the Steelers pick him up and use him as a slash? It seems to me he is tough enough to block, run, and catch the ball and even throw it on an option if needed.

I don't think of him as a starting QB but could be a great asset that makes defenses guess what he will do. For that matter he could be used as a decoy. I would much rather have him than Chris Rainey.

Just a thought

Circus act not wanted in this town...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Just a thought

Stop thinking. We are not bringing that cornball to our team. Ever. In any fashion.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Burgher View Post
    I think most people will agree Tim Tebow does not have a professional caliber arm, however he is an outstanding athlete. He weighs 235 or more and has decent speed. What would happen if he is cut loose by the Jets and the Steelers pick him up and use him as a slash? It seems to me he is tough enough to block, run, and catch the ball and even throw it on an option if needed.

I don't think of him as a starting QB but could be a great asset that makes defenses guess what he will do. For that matter he could be used as a decoy. I would much rather have him than Chris Rainey.
    I agree that his skill set could add something to the team, but I'm with the other guys, if he was a humble below the radar type player than it would be worth looking at, but as the guys so eloquently put it, Da Burgh just isn't the place for a drama queen, that being said you gotta admit he does seem to play with heart/determination something our current players need to look up in the dictionary!!!!

Banned
    Um, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Um, no.
    Um, I forgot ur always right sorry

Draft Pick
    Id take him for cheap... try to make him a te or something and if ur backups go down he could play qb just not well lolololol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcity73 View Post
    Um, I forgot ur always right sorry
    What does he add to this team?

I have banned myself from any Tebow talk. Being a Gators fan, it's impossible for me to be unbiased. I will always love that man (no homo).

Rookie Free Agent
    If the Steelers were a stable team, I would be ok with bringing him in. However, they have so many holes to fill, they do not need anymore story-lines. I like the guy - he is a winner. Not a drama queen. It's not his fault the media went so bat-**** crazy about him.

Thread Information