Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti T'eo Girlfriend Hoax

Bookmark and Share
    So it is ok that Teo said that he met this girl and she visited him in Hawaii, he craves attention.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    people care entirely too much about this...it has not affected my rankings at all, he is still a top ten prospect at MLB even if this is bizarre. He is a far superior prospect than AJ Hawk or Rolando Mcclain were and they went 4 and 6. Hes not as good as willis was, but who the hell is.

Teo>Mcclain/Kuechly/Hawk/Beason/Hightower/Rivers/Timmons/Simms/D. Jackson/Mayo and hes as versatile as any of them and more so than most.

Cant wait to see his work outs, i expect good numbers across the board
    Completely agree. I'm actually kind of glad people are talking about him falling. Here's to him being there at 17...

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    So it is ok that Teo said that he met this girl and she visited him in Hawaii, he craves attention.
    hes a 5 star student athlete and about to be a first round pro one.....they all crave attention, its what theyve had the most of their whole lives.

Hes a good guy, its a bizarre story but attention hungry athletes have done much worse

I still very much want him inside alongside Timmons.

Will this affect Manti Te’o’s status with Steelers?
    January 17th, 2013

Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

With the Steelers in position because of need and draft slot to have a legitimate shot of taking Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o in the first round of April’s NFL Draft, the question has popped up if they would still be interested in Te’o in light of the recent ‘hoax’ involving the death of what turned out to be his fake internet girlfriend.

Truth of the matter is that it is way too early to make that determination.

However, as it sit right now, there is nothing that has come out (as of Jan. 17) that suggest that the ‘hoax’ should affect Te’o’s draft status.

If the kid can play, he can play, and that will be determined over the next few months at the Combine and at his Pro Day.

It would be irresponsible for any NFL organization to let this affect his draft position as we stand today.

If you are an NFL organization that tosses him off your draft board because he was ‘duped’ or may have not been 100 percent honest, then you are doing your organization a disservice.

Te’o did nothing illegal and nothing wrong, other than maybe have a lack of judgment and common sense. And seriously, if you feel like looking, I am sure you can come up with many 21-year-olds in this year’s draft that did something entailing a lack of judgment and common sense.

As for the Steelers, they will absolutely not eliminate Te’o from consideration because of this. Kevin Colbert will do his due diligence and the organization will investigate the issue for itself and make its own determination based on what they find and how their interview at the Combine goes.

But the bottom line is that if it is determined by the scouts and the organization that Te’o is a legitimate player and can help them, the Steelers would and should take him. Same goes with every other team in the league.

But again, this is all predicated on what we know now.

Tomorrow might bring something totally different.
    http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/...medium=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hes a 5 star student athlete and about to be a first round pro one.....they all crave attention, its what theyve had the most of their whole lives.

Hes a good guy, its a bizarre story but attention hungry athletes have done much worse
    Couldnt agree with this any more....

Besides he probably kept the story going because he was embarrassed and didnt want everyone finding out and making fun of him. He was trying to take care of everything behind closed doors which obviously never works... But he is like any other typic 21 yr old that makes dumb decisions. But there are a lot of prospects that have done a lot worse...

And like Crowned said i would love this guy besides Timmons on the field...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    A former Ravens coach who shall remain nameless because I cannot stand the sight of him said the other night that T' eo's stock will not drop much, if at all. I have come to agree. We all did stupid things at 21 but were not famous enough to have it splashed all over the media. Guys that have done much worse than T' eo will go in the first round.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Yeah just what we need more picks on defense in a league that's phasing it out.

Defense in round one better be a pass rusher or a DB if they insist on picking for that side of the ball.

Veteran
    There's only one thing that I'm 100% sure about. This is probably the most Fed up story I've heard in a long long time.

There are several things that don't add up. He supposedly found out it was a hoax on December 6th, but went on to talk about it in interviews on December 8th and December 10th. Te'o has to reconcile that discrepancy.

In 2012, when so many video chat options are available, he didn't once try to skype or facetime or even go to visit her? A girl he fell so in love with but never got to see face to face. I'm sorry, but I find that really hard to believe.

I don't know if he was involved or if he was a victim; the truth will absolutely come out, without question. Either way, though, Te'o comes out of this looking worse than before. Either he's a totally naive, gullable, easily fooled guy, or he's a master manipulator. I don't think either shows him in a positive light.

Reporters will keep digging, teams will keep asking and private investigators will be hired until they get the truth, bet on that.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Yeah just what we need more picks on defense in a league that's phasing it out.

Defense in round one better be a pass rusher or a DB if they insist on picking for that side of the ball.
    LOL You tell an NFL coach that they are "phasing out" defense and he would laugh in your face. Seventeen (53 percent) of the first round draft picks in 2012 were defensive players.

Seriously, you just make this $h!t up.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information