Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Manti T'eo Girlfriend Hoax

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Typical modern player. Punk *** b. Someone will take him cause it's the NFL. He didn't kill no one, didn't rape any little kiddies, probably didn't kill dogs either. Looks pretty clean to me.

And their fans.

Manti T'eo Girlfriend Hoax

It's coming out now from teammates and friends from on campus that he knew the story was fake but kept going with it because it was a good story! Maybe he's a fraud?? But you can't deny his talent and what he could bring!

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Yeah, an article here.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...iscovered-hoax

The more I think about it, the more I begin to think this is a situation that just snowballed. He may have originally been a victim of a hoax but found out fairly early in the process. In order to save face (admitting that the girl you have "loved" does not exist would be pretty humiliating), he may have continued the lie and it got completely out of hand.

If that is the case, it would make him no worse than a million other naive 21 year old kids.

Banned
    With linebacker Manti Te’o avoiding the media, others are filling the vacuum of silence.

One of them is Te’o's uncle. Alema Te’o joined 97.5 The Zone in Salt Lake City on Thursday to discuss the situation for more than 30 minutes. And it quickly became clear that the Te’o family blames the hoax entirely on Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, the alleged mastermind of the fake dead girlfriend (and failed contestant on The Voice).

Alema Te’o believes that the plan was so elaborate that Tuiasosopo actually had a girl pretend to be Lennay Kekua and periodically meet with Manti. “I wouldn’t put it past this guy to do that,” Alema Te’o said.

Manti’s uncle also explained that he had immediate suspicions about Tuiasosopo after meeting him during the 2012 football season, based on false claims Tuiasosopo made of involvement in Troy Polamalu’s football camp. Alema Te’o specifically suspects that Tuiasosopo’s motivation was financial, apparently via raising funds for cancer-stricken folks who, you know, don’t exist.

The interview is long and at times a little hard to follow, but it’s clear after listening to the whole thing that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo is the target of the Te’o family’s scorn at this point, and that Alema Te’o specifically believes that Tuiasosopo was a “shady character” who was hoping to “get close to Manti for either money or notoriety.”

“His big deal was raising money.*So I can’t help but think that this guy wanted to get close to Manti to help him get money,” Alema Te’o said.

If that’s the case, then it’s entirely possible that laws were broken.*Which would give the authorities at least a reason to investigate the situation in order to find out whether Tuiasosopo or anyone else was involved in this hoax in the hopes of raising money under false pretenses.

Meanwhile, there’s still no indication that Manti Te’o will be addressing the situation, even though Notre Dame Athletic Director Jack Swarbrick painted Te’o into a corner on Wednesday by saying that Te’o would be telling his story as soon as Thursday. The longer Te’o stays silent, the more people will suspect that he had a role in the hoax.

Then again, there’s also a chance that by opening his mouth he will remove all doubt.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ah-tuiasosopo/
    Last edited by Big T; 01-18-2013 at 11:31 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    this **** is ridiculous... and the main stream media is just getting started... they are gonna run this kid through the ringer and we will prolly never know the "truth"

my personal opinion is this should in no way effect his draft stock... but after main stream media rides this for all its worth and reports a bunch of skeptical half truths like mainstream media does, im sure it will
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    this **** is ridiculous... and the main stream media is just getting started... they are gonna run this kid through the ringer and we will prolly never know the "truth"

my personal opinion is this should in no way effect his draft stock... but after main stream media rides this for all its worth and reports a bunch of skeptical half truths like mainstream media does, im sure it will
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...irlfriend-hoax

they are saying now that someone who knows Ronaiah Tuiasosopo said that him and his 2 cousins (1male, 1female) were the people who did it, and the Te'O wasn't involved at all..

Apparently it wasn't just Te'O neither they have been doing this to a number of people...

Still odd that even after he found out it was a hoax or at least he thought it was he kept it going with the media but i agree on the thought that he was completely embarrassed and didnt want people making fun of him and stuff so he tried keeping it behind closed doors... He should know that wont ever happen, and yes if that is the true story he is no different then the tons of 21 yr olds and younger that live their life and relationships via the Internet now-a-days..

About this Tuiasosopo guy and his cousins.... the **** is wrong with people now-a-days

He said it was about Ronaiah trying to raise money for illnesses.... Has the guy not ever heard of just asking for a donation or asking Te'O to become a Figure-Head of the benefit when he gets to the pros?

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    maybe this tuiasosopo is a Steelers fan and wanted him to slip just enough to land in the B+G... #justsaying
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    maybe this tuiasosopo is a Steelers fan and wanted him to slip just enough to land in the B+G... #justsaying
    Interesting you say that since Troy's name has been brought up... lol

The steelers are trying to drop his stock in order to get him... The conspiracy begins...

Banned
    Hey, when is someone going to inform Reagan Mauia that he was fooled too.... lol

Thread Information