Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Bookmark and Share
    orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook

Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Posted this in the War Room forum also just thought id post it in here.. Updated mock draft from draftek.com and i have to say i agree with it, what do you guys think?

Round 1; 17th pick: Chance Warmack; OG, Alabama: 6'3-320. Also could be on the board when we pick here, Eric Reed Safety from LSU, Eric Fisher OT from Central Michigan, Kenny Vaccaro from Texas, Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State.

Round 2; 47th pick: Matt Elam; Safety, Florida(check him out tonight in the sugar bowl against Lousiville): 5'10-206. Others that can be on the board when we pick Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford, Phillip Thomas Safety Fresno State, Nico Johnson Linebacker Bama, Kevin Minter Linebacker LSU, William Gholston DE Michigan State.

Round 3; 79th pick: Eddie Lacy; RB, Alabama: 5'10-220. Also could be on the board here Monte Ball RB Wisconsin, Mike Gillislee RB Florida, Bacarri Rambo Safety Georgia they have him going a few picks before this but we can get him here or 2nd round maybe if we dont take Elam.

Round 4; 111th pick: Leon McFadden CB, San Diego State: 5'10-190. Dont know too much about him yet, but we could also take Micha Hyde CB Iowa, Johnny Adam CB Michigan State.

Round 5; 143rd pick: D.J. Swearinger Safety, South Carolina: 5'10-208 ( Love this pick! really hope we could get him, if we get him and Elam that would be awesome for our safety help!!! But we could also take Brian Winters OT Kent State, Devin Taylor OLB South Carolina, Jenlani Jenkins LB Florida..

I agree with all these picks i would be happy with the first 5 rounds maybe round 6 go with a QB?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    If Troy and Clark are back next year this team won't take a safety in the first round.......I could see them taking a safety in round 3 or 4.........

In the first round a pass rusher would be my first choice, then a WR or TE.....If Te'o is there at 17 then that trumps all...lol but I doubt he will be.......I also wouldn't be against another OL especially an OG taken in the first round but I don't expect them to take an OL early.......

Assistant Coach
    Based on the available players in that Drafttek mock...

I'd take

17 - DeAndre Hopkins WR
    47 - Matt Elam S
    79 - Brandon Jenkins OLB
    111 - Jonathan Franklin RB
    143 - Devin Taylor OLB
    Return of the Banana

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    If Troy and Clark are back next year this team won't take a safety in the first round.......I could see them taking a safety in round 3 or 4.........

In the first round a pass rusher would be my first choice, then a WR or TE.....If Te'o is there at 17 then that trumps all...lol but I doubt he will be.......I also wouldn't be against another OL especially an OG taken in the first round but I don't expect them to take an OL early.......
    I agree if Te'o is there at 17 take him!! Hey do you think we should trade up for him? I mean he can be that linebacker for years, i think if we can somehow trade up to get him we should!! With what they have us taking i agree with that id be fine with that, the other players are who are going after we pick or just before i added them just to think about. I wouldnt mind a WR tho..

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    This mock is bogus. We are not taking another O-lineman with the first round pick.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    This mock is bogus. We are not taking another O-lineman with the first round pick.
    I would never say that....If a top OL was the best available at the time then a OL could be taken.....

Banned
    I could see a OT if he was blue chip and slipped down the board.

No way do they pick another guard. If anything they can pick a solid center later in the draft and move Pouncey to guard for good.

Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Based on the available players in that Drafttek mock...

I'd take

17 - DeAndre Hopkins WR
    47 - Matt Elam S
    79 - Brandon Jenkins OLB
    111 - Jonathan Franklin RB
    143 - Devin Taylor OLB
    Hopkins had a great game.. But do you think O or D with the first pick?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    Defense.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Hopkins had a great game.. But do you think O or D with the first pick?
    i'd prefer to draft a pass rusher with the 1st pick, but I expect the top 5 to all be gone by our #17 pick (exactly how it played out in drafttek mock - Werner, Jordan, Jones, Moore, Mingo. After that I don't see another pass rusher with a mid 1st round grade. I would sacrifice our 3rd round pick to move up for Jordan

Reid is a great safety, and an option... but I think the draft is very deep and safeties, and a good one can be taken in the 2nd round.

WR, a need, is not a deep position this year. After the top 5-6 guys, it thins out quickly.
    Return of the Banana

Thread Information