Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2013 Steelers Offensive Line (As of right now).

Bookmark and Share

The 2013 Steelers Offensive Line (As of right now).

So i was looking at this article and it makes me think that unless someone like Joeckel or Warmack fall to us which is unlikely i dont think the steelers are going Oline in the early rounds this yr.

The plan from what the article is saying is that since Beachum did a good job at right tackle they are confident he can play guard which is what they drafted him for.

So the line as of now unless someone too good to pass up falls to us is going to be

Gilbert - Beachum - Pouncey - DeCastro - Adams

What do you guys think?

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...e-line-670169/

Veteran
    I don't see anyway that they spend another high pick on the line no matter who's there.

An argument could be made for WR, TE, RB, OLB, ILB or even S though.

I do see an OL being taken later in the draft (5th or later.)

I wasn't a fan of the Oline pick in the 1st round anyway.

I mean Joeckel will in no way shape or form be there for us (hes gone in the top 5)

And Warmack is a man-child but i do not see the steelers using the pick on him even if he is there (although i dont think he will be)

We have spent too many high round draft picks on the Oline in the past couple yrs its time to use them on other positions and your right Nolrog a case could be made for WR, TE, RB, OLB, ILB, and S

I think RB and TE is too early for us at 17 no one really worth the pick at that spot.

That leaves OLB, ILB, and S, and the only ILB worth taking at 17 is Te'O who may not be there for us.

So it's looking like S and OLB and i think between those 2 positions there will be talent worthy of a 17 pick in the 1st rd from the OLB position then the S position.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I really don't think they'll take a safety in the first round, especially at 17. My guess, and it's only a guess, is they go with an ILB, OLB, or WR. I would take Te'o if he was still there, but I really think he'll be taken before 17. I really like Arthur Brown from Kansas State. He's listed at 6'1" and 228lbs. so he's going to need to pack on some serious weight. For WR, I like Keenan Allen and Cordarrell Patterson, but I'm just not sure the Steelers will take a WR in the first round. I would think about trading down in the first and picking Tyler Eifert since we don't know for sure if Heath will be ready by the time the season starts and Eifert is in the mold of today's NFL TE; big, fast, can line up as a WR and excellent at jump balls. I'd be super excited if the Steelers got Eifert!! Unfortunately, it's only the middle of January and the draft is a long way away.

Chris

Ya i didnt mention WR because our history of WR's taken in the 1st rd isnt great, so i have a hard time believing they go for one in the 1st. Especially with considerable talent in the later rds like Swope, Vernon, etc. I wouldnt be mad tho if we got K. Allen i just dont think hell be there at 17.

I wouldnt be mad with eifert neither if we traded down to the mid to late 20s in the draft and picked up extra picks...

My Mood
    Addicted
    no way we take teo.

gets manhandled by even competition in bcs
    doesn't showup in bcs
    is dumb enough to fake a gf on twitter bs

only reason why people would want him on our team is to have another samoan.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Ya i didnt mention WR because our history of WR's taken in the 1st rd isnt great, so i have a hard time believing they go for one in the 1st. Especially with considerable talent in the later rds like Swope, Vernon, etc. I wouldnt be mad tho if we got K. Allen i just dont think hell be there at 17.
    Really??? Because the last 2 we took both caught game winning super bowl TDs in the final seconds...
    Return of the Banana

If thats the line, Ben will end up like Theisman 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Really??? Because the last 2 we took both caught game winning super bowl TDs in the final seconds...
    I wasnt talking about just performance in general. Im talking about what they have done for us besides caused problems.

Santonio Holmes - Got in trouble and got traded for peanuts...

Plaxico Burress - Was good, but his best moments came with the Giants not us so i considered that bad luck.

Troy Edwards - waste of a 1st Rd pick as he was a headcase and garbage...

Charles Johnson - decent ability but not great ended up leaving via Free Agency as well..

Out of all of those guys... Only Santonio Holmes did something significant to help us win (THE CATCH). So i would say our luck with WRs in the 1st round isnt great...

Thread Information