Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2013 Steelers Offensive Line (As of right now).

Bookmark and Share
    Even in the 2nd-7th rounds we have not been great at it...

Sweed, Fred Gibson, Willie Reid, Dallas Baker... All Garbage picks...

That leaves us with Heinz Ward and Randel el... With the jury still out on Wallace, Brown, and Sanders... and Wallace is more then likely leaving.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Gilbert - potential, unproven
    Beachum - lets hope not
    Pouncey - would be nice to get and stay healthy
    DeCastro - still waiting for him show, lol
    Adams - potential, unproven

honestly, no real "confirmed" bright spots after Pouncey. The others havent been healthy or playing long enuff to say they are positively "sure things".
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Banned
    I don't know why everyone keeps saying the Steelers won't "waste" another first round pick on an offensive linemen or why they shouldn't. The offensive line still clearly sucks. There has been no signs of improvement from them as a unit and only one of them has shown signs of talent. Why shouldn't they "waste" another first round pick to try and fix the broken position when everyone knows they won't go to free agency.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I don't know why everyone keeps saying the Steelers won't "waste" another first round pick on an offensive linemen or why they shouldn't. The offensive line still clearly sucks. There has been no signs of improvement from them as a unit and only one of them has shown signs of talent. Why shouldn't they "waste" another first round pick to try and fix the broken position when everyone knows they won't go to free agency.
    They've already spent two 1s and two 2s on the OL. Two of those picks were last year alone. Not to mention two more #1s on the DL. That leaves the other positions lacking.

The OL doesn't lack talent, it lacks health. That should be a good solid line already. On the other hand, we go into the season with zero running backs, without one of our starting WRs and without our starting TE, not to mention on D, they will likely cut the starting OLB. OL is the least of our problems. That doesn't mean we shouldn't look for depth in the middle rounds; you can get good quality in the middle rounds (hell, Mike Webster was a 5th round pick.)

Mike Adams is going to be a badass LT....i expect him to make huge strides from this season

Banned
    I think the OL is fine when healthy, when they spread teams out and not tip their plays based on formation.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Even in the 2nd-7th rounds we have not been great at it...

Sweed, Fred Gibson, Willie Reid, Dallas Baker... All Garbage picks...

That leaves us with Heinz Ward and Randel el... With the jury still out on Wallace, Brown, and Sanders... and Wallace is more then likely leaving.
    Dallas Baker? Really? I get the argument after the 1st and all that, but "missing" on 7th rounders is hardly an issue... With any team. And how is the jury still out on Wallace? Wallace was an incredible find in the 3rd. Say what you will, but over 4000 yards an 32 TDs in 4 years, including a down season in a contract year? Come on now.
    Last edited by Big T; 01-17-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Can't see us going OL in first round at all. The more I think about it......we need a plug and play on defence this year (I know it is not the Steeler way but I think it is needed). That position could be OLB, CB or DL. (depends on what Colbert does with our aging guys)

I'd like to see a S or WR taken early......we need to give our other draft picks like Worilds, Carter, Robinson and Spence the keys and let them run.

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Dallas Baker? Really? I get the argument after the 1st and all that, but "missing" on 7th rounders is hardly an issue... With any team. And how is the jury still out on Wallace? Wallace was an incredible find in the 3rd. Say what you will, but over 4000 yards an 32 TDs in 4 years, including a down season in a contract year? Come on now.
    I know its not a major issue i was using it as just another example of our bad luck draft WR's. Every other person i mentioned was round 4 or lower...

The jury is still out because he is most likely gone, and if he does leave he will be reaching his peak with another team not the steelers, which although just part of the sport and a business decision would be unluckyfor us.

And Brown and Sanders were good finds as well but the jury is out of them because they are so young you have no idea what will happen with them. They could become stars, or they could just become serviceable. Too young to tell.

The whole point of this was to get the point across that most (not all) of the time since 1997-1998 we have bad luck with WR's...

Its funny out of all the guys i named. Which were between 1st and 4th round. I get called out for the 1 7th rounder...

I was just using it as an example...A poor one maybe but its was 1 name of many...

Thread Information