Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trading out of the first round

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    Just an example using the newest Walterfootball mock ... getting both of the Bengals picks

2nd - WR Justin Hunter
    2nd - OLB Corey Lemenior
    2nd - FS David Amerson (could play CB for a season too until he can play FS, if they lose Lewis or Injuries Happen)
    3rd - RB , Joseph Randel , Mike Gillisslee , Andre Ellington
    4th - LB Gerald Hodges
    5th - TE Michael Williams
    6th - C Matt Stankiewitch
    7th - CB Nigel Malone
    im not sure the bengals would do business with the steelers and vice versa...but if they did, i like hunter and amerson an aful lot.

Hodges would be a nice pickup

id prefer stephen taylor at RB but id take Gillisslee

its the Lemenior pick that bothers me, theres gotta be better pass rushers available and i think brandon jenkins could be that guy

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im not sure the bengals would do business with the steelers and vice versa...but if they did, i like hunter and amerson an aful lot.

Hodges would be a nice pickup

id prefer stephen taylor at RB but id take Gillisslee

its the Lemenior pick that bothers me, theres gotta be better pass rushers available and i think brandon jenkins could be that guy
    Yeah I don't think the Bengals would either ... and not so sure I would like doing business with them either ... Just was using the scenerio ...

Lemenior is a ok pick to me ... I like him , but not sold on him ... Jenkins is another guy too only thing with him is he is so big I question his ability to drop back in zones ,

Gillisslee was my favorite RB in this draft but Joseph Randel is really growing on me and I think he fits Haley scheme better

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im not sure the bengals would do business with the steelers and vice versa...
    I agree, I also agreed with the notion that the Steelers have done VERY well with their 1st rounders in over the last decade (-Hood who is a SO-SO player at best). Its not too often the Steelers have a pick in the top 20. I could see trading back to land a guy like Manti Te'o if the likes of Kevin Minter are gone. ILB is going to be priority. Alot is going to depend on FA. The Steelers could be pretty bare at RB and PROVEN WR after FA this year. Entering the season with Dwyer at RB and Brown, Sanders and Plex/Cotchery at Wr means they COULD use for some extra picks in this draft, and I truley bleive you dont need to draft a RB or WR in the first round if your the Steelers. Thats why i think moving BACK in the first, still getting a high value guy at a position of need (ie: Manti Te'o in the 20's) plus adding a 3rd rounder would be a better move than trading out of the 1st.

My Mood
    Fine
    I agree with trading back not out. However if Warmack is there you take him. I'd like Minster, Vacarro,Teo, Ertz & Eifert.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I have never been a fan of trading down. I think this year we have to make the most of the first 3 picks.
    Last edited by ChucktownSteeler; 02-11-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Fix typo

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    I have never been a fan of trading down. I think this year we have to make the most of the first 3 picks.
    Trading Down gives us 4 picks in 3 rounds. This draft is reminding me of the year the took Hood. The Steelers dropped back in that draft. Not the greatest example for KTrain.( He hates Hood)

steelers picked hood 32 the year they won the superbowl

steelers moved up for holmes and for troy, they havent moved down in the first round in recent memory

My Mood
    Fine
    ok Thanks, I remember that I was hoping thy moved up for Oher that year. Sorry,
    Ktrain, Would you sign RB CHris Ivory RFA NO? DOes he fit the zone blocking scheme?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Still don't like trading down. Wonder who was selected in our original slot when we traded down for Hood. What did we gain? Hood is a bust, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    ok Thanks, I remember that I was hoping thy moved up for Oher that year. Sorry,
    Ktrain, Would you sign RB CHris Ivory RFA NO? DOes he fit the zone blocking scheme?
    i love chris ivory
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Still don't like trading down. Wonder who was selected in our original slot when we traded down for Hood. What did we gain? Hood is a bust, IMHO.
    we didnt trade down for hood

Thread Information