Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trading out of the first round

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Would consider trading back but not out... as long as we could land Lacy (he will be a 1st rounder before its said and done)
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Banned
    Why draft players who can't play in the league? This draft has "okay" linemen out the wazoo.
    And we could even get "okay" linemen as undrafted free agents.

I'd trade the entire draft and go shopping next year with lots of picks.

I don't see 1/2 of the #1's making their team this year. There are practice squad players, free agents, waiver wire and cuts, so we can pick up prospects.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post
    Why draft players who can't play in the league? This draft has "okay" linemen out the wazoo.

I don't see 1/2 of the #1's making their team this year. There are practice squad players, free agents, waiver wire and cuts, so we can pick up prospects.
    Half of the number 1 picks not making their teams.......LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're something else.......Teams don't cut their first round picks after training camp/preseason.......But believe whatever you wan Legend In Your Own Mind since you played football in 4th grade or whatever **** you were babbling about in another thread......

Quote Originally Posted by weakdraft View Post

I say we trade all of our picks for the next 12 years for Joe Flacco! lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Draft Pick
    Well, I would love to see Lacy in the Black and Gold too. Colbert has soooo damn much to think about.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Half of the number 1 picks not making their teams.......LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're something else.......Teams don't cut their first round picks after training camp/preseason.......But believe whatever you wan Legend In Your Own Mind since you played football in 4th grade or whatever **** you were babbling about in another thread......
    If I was drafting from this crop, I would have to hold my nose to pick anyone after the top 5. I'd enjoy cutting my #1 to send a message that ain't nobody safe.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i hate trading out of the first in all circumstances
    agreed this seem viable cause the ravens got upshaw by trading down so of course a ravens fan would suggest this. my motto is never give up your 1st rd pick unless your trading for a once in a life time player

My Mood
    Fine
    I ain't no Ravens Fan. Steelers Always. Lmao

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    agreed this seem viable cause the ravens got upshaw by trading down so of course a ravens fan would suggest this. my motto is never give up your 1st rd pick unless your trading for a once in a life time player
    So wanting to trading down means he's a Ravens fan??

and not to mention if the player isn't top 10 in this draft , then the value to me isn't any different from 17-early 2nd for most position... Unless Jarvis Jones drops

WR the value isn't much different ... there are about 7 with late 1st early 2nd round grades to me right now
    Either Ertz or Eifert will be there in the late first or eraly 2nd
    RB isn't worth a 1st round selection there are a couple 2nd or 3rd round players though (Joseph Randle)
    Guard you have Warmack , then Cooper , then Kyle Long ... then the talent drops off
    Safety I was always a fan of doubling up on safeties but I doubt they will the one I really want is David Amerson and to me he has a late first early 2nd grade

But anyway to me anybody at 17 will be a "reach" unless it's Jarvis Jones or Warmack pretty much ... or somebody drops which I don't see happening, only maybe Jarvis Jones

I wouldn't be mad with David Amerson , or a WR like Justin Hunter being picked ... I just think they could be had with a trade down
    Last edited by cbrunn; 02-10-2013 at 07:39 AM.

2nd String
    Just an example using the newest Walterfootball mock ... getting both of the Bengals picks

2nd - WR Justin Hunter
    2nd - OLB Corey Lemenior
    2nd - FS David Amerson (could play CB for a season too until he can play FS, if they lose Lewis or Injuries Happen)
    3rd - RB , Joseph Randel , Mike Gillisslee , Andre Ellington
    4th - LB Gerald Hodges
    5th - TE Michael Williams
    6th - C Matt Stankiewitch
    7th - CB Nigel Malone

Thread Information