Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Blitz, K-Train, Latrobe, what's the word??

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    thats because hes a freak athetically....he would be a badass NT too and thats how he was drafted until they realized he could play 5 tech and every other position they want him to.

Woods can shake that "raw player" label if given the chance, he has that kind of athletic ability to move around if he does....i lovedddddd al woods, but its now or never for him and hes shown some great flashes
    I have a soft spot for Al Woods too. Not sure why he couldn't get on the field.

Between McClendon, Taamu, Woods, Hood, Heyward, and recently stolen Fangupo.... we do not need to, nor can we afford to waste time investing more picks in 3-4 D Linemen. It would be comical... as if the front office had no understanding what so ever on what is our weaknesses are, and what we need to do to get back to the top
    My Steeler Mock Draft
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Mich St
    2. Allen Robinson, WR Penn St
    3. Carl Bradford, OLB Arizona St
    4. Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson
    5a. Brent Urban, DE Virginia
    5b. Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB Boston College
    6. Dontae Johnson, CB North Carolina St
    7. Zach Kerr, NT Delaware

yeah....those guys that are monsters up front and collapse the pocket like suh, fairly, ngata, j.smith, and atkins are irrelvant.....

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    I have a soft spot for Al Woods too. Not sure why he couldn't get on the field.

Between McClendon, Taamu, Woods, Hood, Heyward, and recently stolen Fangupo.... we do not need to, nor can we afford to waste time investing more picks in 3-4 D Linemen. It would be comical... as if the front office had no understanding what so ever on what is our weaknesses are, and what we need to do to get back to the top
    i didnt know we snagged hebron fangupu.....i thought he was a good prospect last year.

point is they need to get better up front, its not surprising that the pass rush went away when hampton got old and useless and smith retired...hood is ****ing horrible

Assistant Coach
    yeah....those guys that are monsters up front and collapse the pocket like suh, fairly, ngata, j.smith, and atkins are irrelvant.....
    but Jenkins isn't remotely similar to any of those players. You have a couple of 1 gap/4-3 guys listed (Suh, Fairley, Atkins). If we were running a 4-3, I'd be getting a pocket collapser.

Then you list 2 3-4 DEs, who have exceptional athletic talent.... have you ever seen Jenkins play? His athletic range is about the circumference of a phone booth.

Jenkins is pure Nose Guard, and his athletic ability makes Casey look like a ballerina. He is purely an "occupy" lineman. He'd fit right into our scheme. Perfect fit... if you want to spend a 1st round pick on a refrigerator.

look... if our WR core wasn't pathetic, and we had some exciting young pass rusher in the pipeline, and we weren't about to lose our best cover corner.... and our safety duo wasn't a combined 67 years old next year, then I'd be totally into wasting a 1st round pick on a NT. The truth is, we have much bigger problems, and if we intend to continue running the same scheme, we need to invest in talent at more premier positions
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 01-16-2013 at 04:18 PM.
    My Steeler Mock Draft

Assistant Coach
    i didnt know we snagged hebron fangupu.....i thought he was a good prospect last year.

point is they need to get better up front, its not surprising that the pass rush went away when hampton got old and useless and smith retired...hood is ****ing horrible
    They need to get better at scoring, and better at making splash plays defensively... a 1st rounder on a NT... not really gonna address that. It might get us from #2 against the run, back to #1... if that's like a priority of yours

their pass rush got ****** when James got old... not casey. and when aaron got old. I agree that Hood is a worthless turd. so play Heyward, and start drafting some Oak Trees in the later rounds where good 3-4 DL are always available

it's much easier to find quality 3-4 Dline players in the later rounds, than it is to find stud WRs and Pass Rushers
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 01-16-2013 at 04:21 PM.
    My Steeler Mock Draft

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana
    Ngata plays DE in their 3-4 alignments
    You'd know that the Ravens play 4-3 if you watched the games sometimes instead of just wanting to contradict someone for the sake of contradicting.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    You'd know that the Ravens play 4-3 if you watched the games sometimes instead of just wanting to contradict someone for the sake of contradicting.
    actually, the ravens base package is still a 3-4. and in that base package, Cody is the NT, and Ngata is one of the DEs
    They do use a 4 man front at times, and allow Ngata to 1 gap from inside, however this is not their base package

lastly, why would you compare Jenkins (as a potential steelers draft pick) and compare him to someone you thought played 4-3 DT.

It's almost as if you don't realize the significant difference between the 2.

nice try though
    My Steeler Mock Draft

No NT in the 1st please.... Mclendon can put on some weight and i think he is gonna be very solid for us...

Hood tho is another story... This kid is garbage... The fact that they constantly gave him praise in training camp like he was on the verge of a breakout season and after ample time sitting behind Smith he still produced dog **** in the Regular season...

And i agree with laser kangaroo we need a splash play defense position to draft or some weapons on offense since RB is looking like its going to get gutted and we are more then likely losing Wallace, and Heath will be out for a while

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

We have to get that pass rush back. I don't care how we do it, but we have to get it. If we can't upgrade the secondary the way we want, having a pass rush will be the only way to help that secondary.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Blitz, K-Train, Latrobe, what's the word??

Our defense isn't scary anymore! Harrison and Woodley use to scare the **** out of linemen and QB's, Troy as well.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information