Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blitz, K-Train, Latrobe, what's the word??

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Lol 99.9% of them are worthless I'm sure! Dammit tapatalk makes it too easy to follow these forums..
    We should have that many posts since we have been posting here forever....lol

Blitz, K-Train, Latrobe, what's the word??

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    We should have that many posts since we have been posting here forever....lol
    It's crazy isn't it.. This is a great forum much better then where we came from.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach
    It's crazy isn't it.. This is a great forum much better then where we came from.
    if you dont mind me asking, where did you guys come from...
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    if you dont mind me asking, where did you guys come from...
    Steelers.com / message board.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Banned
    Ooof......

Assistant Coach
    Steelers.com / message board.
    me too

the only thing that kept me there was talking draft with SteelHack. The rest of that board was pretty terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Saying that Steelers dot coms message board is terrible is like saying the weather here today isn't very good (36 and raining). I checked one time this year and I couldn't even find the forums there, but I did not look very hard.

As for the Oline coach, I am very excited to see what is in store for us. With the talent that I THINK we have, we should be putting up much better point totals. Especially against teams that we should beat, but struggle or fail to do so (Chargers, Chiefs, Browns, Raiders, etc). If we can get our guys healthy and keep them that way we could be in for a great season, but I thought we would be 13-3 this year lol.

And BTW: The bird bird the bird is the word, EVERYONE knows about the bird.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard as a sometime host on ESPN 970-AM. Follow him on Twitter at dlolleyor.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2013

Moving forward
    It's all just speculation until a new offensive line coach is named - and there's no hurry there at this point - but with three key offensive linemen heading into free agency, the Steelers are going to have a different starting group in 2013.

Left tackle Max Starks, guard Ramon Foster and backup center/guard Doug Legursky will all be unrestricted free agents, and the Steelers could have a tough time bringing any of them back.

Starks and Foster want to start, and that opportunity might not be available with the Steelers. Of the three, Legursky could be the one who re-signs with the Steelers to continue as Maurkice Pouncey's backup - though he's shown enough as a true center to justify a team taking a chance on him as a starter.

With the Steelers having taken Maurkice Pouncey, Marcus Gilbert, David DeCastro and Mike Adams with premium draft picks in the past three years, they figure to hold down four of the starting spots. At what position - at least for Gilbert and Adams - remains to be seen.

At this point, if I were positioning them, Adams would be the left tackle and Gilbert would be the right. But that could change.

I know Adams struggled at left tackle last preseason, but he was a rookie at that point, seeing his first playing time. He's now had a decent amount of game experience and should have a better understanding of what's required.

At the same time, Adams proved to be a very good run blocker in the games he started this season, which would seemingly make him a better fit on the right side.

As for Gilbert, I question his footwork for a move to the left side. He also had issues last season on the right side handling power pass rushers, but again, perhaps an offseason to work on technique and strength will be good for him.

The wildcard in the equation is Kelvin Beachum. Beachum was taken late in last year's draft to be the new Trai Essex, a guy capable of playing guard or tackle.

He proved to be reasonably solid as a pass blocker, but didn't have the functional strength to run block. He's another player who will benefit from an offseason in the weight room.

The Steelers are trying to get away from the big, hulking, overweight linemen of the past - which is what you get when you fill your line with late-round draft picks.

And they've done a good job of becoming more athletic up front.

The next step is getting those linemen in the right places.

Dale Lolley at 2:56 PM
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Ya i just started a thread about this didnt see your post Latrobe...

There is an article saying that because beachum did decent at right tackle they are comfortable with him being part of the future oline, at least for now... They drafted him to be a guard but due to injuries he was playing right tackle...

They are saying as of right now the oline is going to look like Gilbert - Beachum - Pouncey - DeCastro - Adams

They said Gilbert is more natural at LT and Adams was a good Run blocker so they wanna keep him at RT
    Obviously DeCastro has RG on lock as well as Pouncey with C

So the only real question they have is who will be backup to the starters because at the moment i think only Malecki is under contract... Foster, Legursky, Starks are all UFA and Colon is getting his walking (or should i say wheel chair) papers since the guys knees are made of laffy taffy.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Again, there is reference to how bad Adams played left tackle. Adams better have a dynamite camp. Our backups will be crucial. We need to get Foster back as a backup. Starks can walk.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information