Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: What Im jealous of, of playoff teams

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Ben crushes his own success by not getting rid of the ball quicker. then he gets hurt, sacked, int or something.
    But then again he makes those miraculous plays. but do you win 4 qtrs of football and a SB with a bunch of miraculous plays?


    Play action and move the chains..
    Agreed. But we don't do that. We force the predictable run game, which hurts our offensive line because every defender knows we run up the middle all day, and then we ask Ben to bail them out on 3rd down.

  2. #32
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Agreed. But we don't do that. We force the predictable run game, which hurts our offensive line because every defender knows we run up the middle all day, and then we ask Ben to bail them out on 3rd down.
    There is nothing wrong with a predictable run game if you have a good RB. Its a misconception that you have to be creative to run the ball well. That is not at all the case. Look at The Vikings. They are not trying to disguise what they are doing. Sure, they might run a couple of trap plays from time to time, but overall there is nothing fancy about their running game. They just have the line and RB to pull it off. We could potentially have the line if they stay healthy, but we sorely lack a difference maker at RB. If you have one of those, you can be as predictable as you like when running the ball - you'll get good yardage.

    Another example is what the Texans do. Nothing fancy about that.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a predictable run game if you have a good RB. Its a misconception that you have to be creative to run the ball well. That is not at all the case. Look at The Vikings. They are not trying to disguise what they are doing. Sure, they might run a couple of trap plays from time to time, but overall there is nothing fancy about their running game. They just have the line and RB to pull it off. We could potentially have the line if they stay healthy, but we sorely lack a difference maker at RB. If you have one of those, you can be as predictable as you like when running the ball - you'll get good yardage.

    Another example is what the Texans do. Nothing fancy about that.
    And you know what else they don't have?

    Lombardi's.

    How good is Foster? Is it him? Or is it the Kubiak/Shanahan system?

    Those two have been getting late rounders to produce for YEARS.
    Last edited by Crash; 01-14-2013 at 04:29 PM.

  4. #34
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    And you know what else they don't have?

    Lombardi's.
    Your argument being what exactly? If anything, the last Lombardi trophy's is located at teams which were very ineffective running the ball during their campaign.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Where were the Giants ranked in rushing last season?

    The 2008 Steelers?

  6. #36
    JensK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    4,114
    Giants ranked dead last in rushing last season.

    Steelers were 23rd in rushing in 2008.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

  7. #37
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    There is nothing wrong with a predictable run game if you have a good RB. Its a misconception that you have to be creative to run the ball well. That is not at all the case. Look at The Vikings. They are not trying to disguise what they are doing. Sure, they might run a couple of trap plays from time to time, but overall there is nothing fancy about their running game. They just have the line and RB to pull it off. We could potentially have the line if they stay healthy, but we sorely lack a difference maker at RB. If you have one of those, you can be as predictable as you like when running the ball - you'll get good yardage.

    Another example is what the Texans do. Nothing fancy about that.
    It is a problem when you stubbornly run up the middle for nothing and refuse to change the play calling. Teams are allowed to pass on first down too.

    As for the Vikings and the Texans, what have they won?

  8. #38
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Giants ranked dead last in rushing last season.

    Steelers were 23rd in rushing in 2008.
    But during the playoffs, the Giants ran the ball like champs.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    But during the playoffs, the Giants ran the ball like champs.
    And we didn't in 2005 minus one Parker run in SB XL.

  10. #40
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    True.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jeff Reed's '09 Playoff Hair = Ben's '06 Playoff Beard?
    By steelersbabex25 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 09:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •