Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Im jealous of, of playoff teams

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

What Im jealous of, of playoff teams

There ability to protect there quarterback. Every single playoff game I think I have watched this postseason(which hasnt been all, but most) the qb stays off the damn ground.Year after year after year, Ben doesnt get near the great protection as Ryan/Flacco/Brady/Manning and even Russell Wilson. Im sorry for the rant.

Im glag Kugler is gone now, I really hope we nail a good oline coach like we got a good secon dary coach in Lake. We need some new schemes. Yes, the line has been banged up this season, but how many times have we seen lines banged up against us, or other games with migshift lines and they play just as well. It has to be the schemes they are running.

Im glad Kuglers gone too because he was terrible at everything from coaching to conditioning...

But those line problems have been there way b4 he got here...

It's not Kuglers fault he was giving crap talent for the last couple years to work with...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    It's not Kuglers fault he was giving crap talent for the last couple years to work with...
    2x first round picks
    2x second round picks

that is more "talent" than 90% of all NFL teams have on their o-line. We just cannot find a way to keep ours healthy. Ultimately, that falls back on the coaching. in my book.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    2x first round picks
    2x second round picks

that is more "talent" than 90% of all NFL teams have on their o-line. We just cannot find a way to keep ours healthy. Ultimately, that falls back on the coaching. in my book.

I give Kugler credit for finding a way to get all of those guys to be so multi dimensional but I'm ready for a fresh start too. I really, really hope the team looks at conditioning during camp, OTA's, preseason, and regular season. I think that's a big part of the issue here with staying healthy. The players themselves need to take it upon themselves to stay in better shape too.

If Dwyer wants to be a starting RB, then he can't pull himself out of the game every few plays. Get your butt in there and run the damn ball.

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    2x first round picks
    2x second round picks

I know but that doesn't mean they're great! Pouncey is money but the jury is out on the rest....
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I know but that doesn't mean they're great! Pouncey is money but the jury is out on the rest....
    Lets be real... Pouncey was only above average this year... not even close to pro-bowl/all-pro caliber. He has the tools to be great, but 2012 season was not one of his best.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

This is the year to get the OT or OG in the 1st

Then the RB second... the rest Defense.

Then dump the old money guys and sign 2 FA players with talent.

We are in transition... **** the ravens changed OC mid season..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    This is the year to get the OT or OG in the 1st.
    We got the OG in the first last year. It's been 5 years now since we've taken a non-lineman in the first round, and now our skill positions are lacking. We can get good value on the line later in the draft; heck Mike Webster was a 5th round selection.

Especially considering they have zero RBs under contract, one of their best WRs is likely to leave in FA and the starting TE will miss the beginning of the season, not to mention the fact that the D is a shell of its former self.

There are far more urgent needs than spending a 5th consecutive #1 pick (and 7th high round pick) on the line.

Draft Pick
    Beachum SHOULD NOT be a starter if the Steelers are really serious about protecting Ben. He's a career backup at best.

"But he did okay in the last few games!!!!!!"

Yeah, and Jonathan Scott did okay in 2010. How'd he do in 2011?

Thread Information