Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Perhaps the next draft needs to be about offense instead of defense...

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by tgunn86 View Post
    Dont care who we get for offense as long as Cobi Hamilton is in the mix, the guy is a mix of speed and size and talent, have to get him
    i like hamilton, would you spend a mid 2nd rounder on him?

another guy to keep an eye, more 3rd round.... Markus Wheaton. He might be the best vertical threat in the draft. (people here might not like the mike wallace comparison)
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tgunn86 View Post
    Dont care who we get for offense as long as Cobi Hamilton is in the mix, the guy is a mix of speed and size and talent, have to get him
    Do you really think a rookie WR is going to make that much of an impact over Brown and Sanders? Rookie WR who make an impact are few and far between for the first year.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Do you really think a rookie WR is going to make that much of an impact over Brown and Sanders? Rookie WR who make an impact are few and far between for the first year.
    yes, i do.

people will point to last year's disappointing production from the rookie WR class. But the bottom line, the steelers WR talent as it stands right now, is bottom 10 in the league (assuming Wallace is gone).... maybe even bottom 5... seriously. Miami is terrible. And so is Buffalo. And there aren't many teams that lack talent the way the Steelers do... even the teams that lack depth, still have a prototype #1.

Besides Miami and Buffalo... I'm not sure there is a team with a worse core than Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Gilreath.
    am i forgetting another team? maybe Cleveland? oh, the Jets... definitely the Jets.... but Hill has a ton of potential, Holmes will be back, and Kerly is a stud slot WR. hmmmm racking my brain...the Chiefs, they are going to lose Bowe and everyone else is pretty terrible... maybe Baldwin becomes decent. San Diego is similar to pittsburgh with Meachem and Floyd, but they also have Denario.

so... yea, a 1st round WR could make a bigger impact. nothing is a given with the draft though
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Thread Information