Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Watching these playoffs has me convinced.....

Bookmark and Share
    Guys, I know things can get heated sometines...but can we keep it clean and not resort to name calling. You can argue, but respect each other.

Now who gives a #uck about Wilson or Flacco?
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I'm a big time Colts hater but I even told one of my best friends who loves the Colts that the Colts had a shot at the play-offs this year since I thought Luck would have a impact....I also like RGIII big time at Baylor and wasn't shocked at all by his success or the teams.....I'm glad Kaepernick got his shot since Alex Smith is a bum and hell I even drafted Russell Wilson on one of my fantasy teams (won the championship in that league)......But all I'm saying its not a lock for them all to make the play-offs next year or even win Super Bowls.......My personal opinion Wilson will be the long shot of the four to sustain his success.......
    i didn't say anything about next year.

there's this weird "anti QB" sentiment here. a weird result of Ben never really entering that elite realm we all expected him to preach (and ironically, began expecting after his rookie year).

guys like NYCDingleberry hate any praise of a young QB... but that don't actually "talk" QB... I recognize that Kaepernick is a freakish athlete, but he can make throws a lot of QBs can't. His arm strength is off the charts. The fact that he is going to be groomed by a quality former NFL QB... sky is the limit.
    My Steeler Mock Draft
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB Mich St
    2. Allen Robinson, WR Penn St
    3. Carl Bradford, OLB Arizona St
    4. Martavis Bryant, WR Clemson
    5a. Brent Urban, DE Virginia
    5b. Kevin Pierre-Louis, ILB Boston College
    6. Dontae Johnson, CB North Carolina St
    7. Zach Kerr, NT Delaware

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i didn't say anything about next year.

there's this weird "anti QB" sentiment here. a weird result of Ben never really entering that elite realm we all expected him to preach (and ironically, began expecting after his rookie year).

guys like NYCDingleberry hate any praise of a young QB... but that don't actually "talk" QB... I recognize that Kaepernick is a freakish athlete, but he can make throws a lot of QBs can't. His arm strength is off the charts. The fact that he is going to be groomed by a quality former NFL QB... sky is the limit.
    You're a punk. I've said it before and will continue to say it. You're too scared to straight up bash Roethlisberger, which is what you want to do, so instead you make subtle swipes like "he can do things other quarterbacks can't do, but he's not a great or accurate passer."

You claim he's in your top 5 in the league, but then you say he's not elite. The biggest compliment you've ever given him is that "he's hard to bring down."

However, contrary to your moronic opinion, he's 9th all time in QB rating, ranked right up there with some of the great quarterbacks of all time. And anyone who isn't a highlight reel obsessed ESPN fanboy like yourself knows that there is no way someone can get on that list by just being "hard to take down." He's an elite passer and he's an elite quarterback and he does it with far less tools than other quarterbacks in the league have to work with.

You're not fooling anyone. Just come out and be the Roethlisberger hater that you are.
    Last edited by NYCsteelersfan; 01-13-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    You're a punk. I've said it before and will continue to say it. You're too scared to straight up bash Roethlisberger, which is what you want to do, so instead you make subtle swipes like "he can things other quarterbacks can do, but he's not a great or accurate passer."

You claim he's in your top 5 in the league, but then you say he's not elite. The biggest compliment you've ever given him is that "he's hard to bring down."

However, contrary to your moronic opinion, he's 9th all time in QB rating, ranked right up there with some of the great quarterbacks of all time. And anyone who isn't a highlight reel obsessed ESPN fanboy like yourself knows that there is no way someone can get on that list by just being "hard to take down." He's an elite passer and he's an elite quarterback and he does it with far less tools than other quarterbacks in the league have to work with.

You're not fooling anyone. Just come out and be the Roethlisberger hater that you are.
    no, i've simply got a deeper understanding of the game and can talk about specific pros and cons of players. my comments are more than dick jokes.

it is quite possible to be objective about QBs. To recognize strengths and weaknesses, to give weight to success and also recognize potential. you are incapable of doing these things because you aren't very bright and your vocabulary as it relates to football doesn't really include anything that can't be found in a game of madden.

Ben was in my top 5, and will fall outside of it going into next season. You can only rest on your past success for so long. The last 4 years include 2 playoff wins, and 2 seasons missing the playoffs... yes, around a super bowl appearance.

my rankings will include performance (stats), history (wins, rings), and potential along with my opinion on that players ability/talent.... Ben's biggest claim to elite status is from history (rings, post season record, reg season wins)... along with his talent....and that history is getting further and further in the past.

i am a homer for young talent.... i don't deny it. i see things in Andrew Luck that is a combination of so much talent it makes my testies tingle. and keapernick is like nothing i've ever seen before.

anyone who knows me, knows im a huge fan of Ben. You can be an excellent QB and also there can be throws and reads you have never demonstrated the ability to make. but im not going to go into detail with someone who lacks the analytical skills to talk about details

Here's a thought... Ben can be an elite QB, and there can also be incredibly talented young players in the league who are demonstrating skill sets that one COULD believe will make them better QBs.

Your defense mechanism is kind of disturbing... like, Ben is your boyfriend or something
    My Steeler Mock Draft

Banned
    Ben was in my top 5, and will fall outside of it going into next season. You can only rest on your past success for so long. The last 4 years include 2 playoff wins, and 2 seasons missing the playoffs... yes, around a super bowl appearance.
    lol...stop lying. He was never in your top 5.

i am a homer for young talent.... i don't deny it.
    I know you are. I said you were before you admitted it. You suck off whatever young talent ESPN tells you is the second coming of greatness. And then the following season when that quarterback doesn't pan out or falls back, you simply latch on to the next young quarterback. It's not based on anything other than the quarterback being new to the league and the sports media hyping him up.

Here's a thought... Ben can be an elite QB, and there can also be incredibly talented young players in the league who are demonstrating skill sets that one COULD believe will make them better QBs.
    Who would argue that point except for you? I wouldn't deny the latter, but you certainly deny the former whether you outright admit it or not.

If you want to praise young quarterbacks, that's fine, that's your business. The irritating part is that you come to a Steelers forum to praise young quarterbacks in an attempt to take jabs at the Steelers quarterback. Either just be a Roethlisberger hater outright or go to an ESPN forum and ball wash young quarterbacks with the rest of the young quarterback ESPN groupies.

Assistant Coach

If you want to praise young quarterbacks, that's fine, that's your business. The irritating part is that you come to a Steelers forum to praise young quarterbacks in an attempt to take jabs at the Steelers quarterback. Either just be a Roethlisberger hater outright or go to an ESPN forum and ball wash young quarterbacks with the rest of the young quarterback ESPN groupies.
    or i can be a smart Steelers fan and continue to make you look like a dong burger by getting you to attempt to talk about football, something you clearly know very little about.

Hey, maybe if you keep using your "espn/ball washer/cum guzzler" jokes... someone will mistake you for knowing something
    My Steeler Mock Draft

Banned
    or i can be a smart Steelers fan and continue to make you look like a dong burger by getting you to attempt to talk about football, something you clearly know very little about.

Hey, maybe if you keep using your "espn/ball washer/cum guzzler" jokes... someone will mistake you for knowing something
    The only thing you continue to do is prove to be exactly what I pegged you to be from day one: an ESPN regurgitating **** sucker.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    A pocket passer will win the super bowl. Like its always been.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    The only thing you continue to do is prove to be exactly what I pegged you to be from day one: an ESPN regurgitating **** sucker.
    don't forget "ball washer".... you gotta get all 3 in there. i mean when you only have 3 things to say... you may as well say all 3.
    My Steeler Mock Draft

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    A pocket passer will win the super bowl. Like its always been.
    I don't consider Ben or Rodgers to be the typical pocket passer.
    My Steeler Mock Draft

Thread Information