Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Beachum a Legit starter?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I hope he's picked way ahead of us. We desperately need help on the D, OLB, MILB, S and even NT, and I don't want them to be tempted to spend yet another first round pick on the line (that would be 6 in a row.)
    I know what you mean but I do not know how you could pass on Warmack at 17. He will be (by far) the closest to a sure thing you can get at that draft position. I have looked at several mocks and many have him falling to us, going to the Rams in front of us, or to the Cowboys right after us. He does have a good chance to be there so your nightmare may occur.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Get7With7 View Post
    If the Steelers were serious when they said they wanted to make protecting Ben a priority, then hell no, he's not a starter.
    This.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Below average back-up, only slightly better than Legursky. Not starter material.

Is Beachum a Legit starter?

I doubt he was drafted to be a starter.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    What are your thoughts about Beachum? Theres been some grumblings about moving him inside to Guard... Either way is this guy ready to be an everyday guy?
    Beachum has one excellent skill set... his feet. the guy can move. He is super athletic.

The idea that they are moving Beachum inside, is encouraging in one sense... maybe they are going to move to an athletic zone blocking scheme? I think it would be a great move. The young lines athleticism is clearly going to be it's strong suit.

I can see Beachum playing inside in that type of scheme... in the current scheme? no way.
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

Guys we need to start working to improve our cap space. Beachum can be a good option for us on the cheap. We have Pouncey, Gilbert, DeCastro, Adams and Foster (hopefully) Beachum will be one of our rotational backups, and we need to find another one like him near the end of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    Beachum has one excellent skill set... his feet. the guy can move. He is super athletic.

The idea that they are moving Beachum inside, is encouraging in one sense... maybe they are going to move to an athletic zone blocking scheme? I think it would be a great move. The young lines athleticism is clearly going to be it's strong suit.

I can see Beachum playing inside in that type of scheme... in the current scheme? no way.
    The kid is very smart and very athletic, I saw this in a game earlier in the year when he stepped in. Off the snap he may be the fasted we have including Pouncey. He did well at T even though he has nowhere near the build for that position. Is he a starter, technically I guess he is hell he was the starting RT for the last few games. I think an off season of learning the guard position this kid will be very good for us for years to come. The thing that I really love about this kid is that he's still very young. Imagine the point when he becomes a man , I mean you can still see the child in his face. Once he turns that corner we're going to love this kid.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

Is Beachum a Legit starter?

I didn't think he was awful...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

You know.... You would think with all of the high draft picks we have used on the Oline in recent yrs we would have the best one in the NFL... Unfortunately its almost the polar opposite...

Draft Pick
    Amen to that!!. It makes me believe either the o-line coach sucks or the players are so lacking in conditioning that they get injured all the time or don't play to their ppotential. Maybe a philosophy change is required, and it's not just a matter of drafting the biggest heaviest guys you can find. You still have to be able to bend and move. And Colon is no surprise..perpetually injured.

Thread Information