Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco Stakes Claim as Top AFC North QB

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    I'm not buying into any of this Flacco stuff yet.

He was money yesterday but his hail mary with 30's seconds to go was not all Flacco being money. His part in it was mostly luck after he tossed it. The hesitation on the defenders parts was the main reason that happened.

Forgot which one it was that said after the game the loss was his fault because he got to excited or something and was thinking they had already won with 30 seconds to go and lost focus.

Flacco comes out next week and lights it up then (hopefully not) goes to the SB and carries the team, then, just maybe I will think of him as a top QB he thinks he is.

Until that day should it happen, no sir.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Flacco has a great arm.....His arm strength is one of the tops in the NFL and I have always said it and he throws the deep ball perfectly.....Especially when he throws it up for grabs and lets his WR's adjust to it.....Flacco has confidence in his WR's to make the play (were I do think Ben doesn't have that same confidence in his WR's)....Plus if Flacco does throw a INT on those deep balls its almost like a punt....So really maybe Ben should throw more moon balls and not worry about throwing an INT in those situations......Plus look how many times the Ravens have gotten PI calls on those moon balls.....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    But I still think Flacco squats to pee....Put pressure on him and he will fold........I think people are forgetting that yesterday the Ravens OL kept Flacco clean for the most part.....

If Ben would have made some of the same throws last night, we wouldn't have called it "luck", we would have called it "clutch". Wake up people. Yes Flacco is slightly above average most of the time, and he is inconsistent as hell, but he has been money in the playoffs two years in a row. Last year he outplayed Brady in the AFC champ. This year thus far he's outplayed Manning.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Torrey Smith runs circles on Mike Wallace....I see all the Wallace fanboys stop posting after the regular season ends. I am so discussted with our receivers and coaching staff.

Wallace and Brown fanboys...feel free to chime in... you know who you are
    Hahahahaha. But K-Train will show up to shamelessly support Mike Wallace in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..............................
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Flacco has gotten the job done, but let's not go crazy.

He was 18/34 yesterday, which is barely over 50%. He completed some long ones and that helped a lot. That's what happened last week as well. 12/23. He's not a great QB in the short game.

The Ravens also got 30 carries for 131 yards from Ray Rice, and a strong defensive effort.

Flacco had decent games but let's not go crazy. Oh, and when he takes his team to the Super Bowl 3 times, winning twice, then we'll talk about the top QB in the division.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    But I still think Flacco squats to pee....Put pressure on him and he will fold........I think people are forgetting that yesterday the Ravens OL kept Flacco clean for the most part.....
    Flacco is still the same soft bitch he's always been. He threw two passes yesterday that should have been picked. Especially that one on the sidelines in overtime. Denver had their chances.

the clock will strike midnight next week for Flacco. And he will revert to the same turd he's always been at that moment. Flacco will never be as good as Ben. NEVER!!!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    That TD to tie it with 30 seconds left was not Flacco at all but the worst adjustment to the ball in the air that I have ever seen.
    Right you are. That corner (safety?) should have knocked that ball down. What a horrible play he made on that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    We need to go G and RB #1 and #2
    We already have two #1s and two #2s on the OL. It's time to focus elsewhere.

Flacco Stakes Claim as Top AFC North QB

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    Wait you mean Torrey Smith went and got the ball (unlike Wallace), caught the ball (unlike Wallace), and held onto to it (unlike AB and Sanders)?
    Yeppers!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information