Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco Stakes Claim as Top AFC North QB

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The thing that sucks the most is that both teams, Steelers and Ratbirds, entered the season with question marks on the offensive line, secondary, and linebacker. Both had strengths at QB, WR, and RB. The Steelers went in the opposite direction and could not close out games. They lost their edge last year and never regained it this year.

I'm not ready to say that Flaccid is a better overall QB than Ben, there's no way just yet but he has stepped up his game in the clutch these last two seasons. It's up to Ben to regain that edge.
    agreed. that is a completely fair assessment
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Flacco Stakes Claim as Top AFC North QB

Flacco has been money, as much as it pains me lets hope Brady and crew send em packing...

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilPatrickBanana View Post
    i know what you mean.

i think people treat losing in the playoffs as this black mark... it's not...in the free agent era, there are no dynasties. Everyone loses in the playoffs... if you are good enough to get there with regularity (peyton), then that's impressive enough IMO.

Ben has a great playoff record, because he's gone on a super bowl run, 3 out of 6 times. But he's also missed the playoffs 3 times... missing the playoffs is much worse than 1 and done, right?
    Playoffs and Super Bowls have weight... but they aren't the only factor. Talent and consistency matter... so does potential. (in terms of "ranking" or "labeling" QBs)

As for Flacco... I think he's consistently "good". For everything Steelers fans do to make excuses for Ben (playcalling, oline, wrs, coaches, etc).... Flacco until very recently had one of the worst OCs in football (cam cameron is an epic moron, and steelers fans should thank him for our last super bowl trip). And his 2 WRs... they aren't super stars. Boldin is pretty much what Ben had in Ward for a lot of years. And Torrey Smith is just starting to learn how to do something other than running a deep fly patterns. Jacoby Jones is terrible.

And they are back in the AFC Championship game with a defense that was pretty average this year (17th total yards), and a running game that was just good (11th).

Flacco deserves to be recognized for what he's accomplished. just as steelers fans hate hearing that Ben is a game manager (he's not), Flacco has earned similar recognition.

(yup... i pretty much just lynched myself.... lol)
    Dude i got the rope.. id take boldin and smith over wallace and brown..these guys make catches out of their way from flaccos "elite" passes. Smith has learned how to run different routes. Wallace? He cant run a slant w/o thinking hes gonna get blown up. Boldin is sure handed i cuss him everytime he makes some ridiculous catch why? Because we dont have it and we desperately need it.. heath is the most dependable receiver we have and hes a fn te!

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by jdehoff83 View Post
    Dude i got the rope.. id take boldin and smith over wallace and brown..these guys make catches out of their way from flaccos "elite" passes. Smith has learned how to run different routes. Wallace? He cant run a slant w/o thinking hes gonna get blown up. Boldin is sure handed i cuss him everytime he makes some ridiculous catch why? Because we dont have it and we desperately need it.. heath is the most dependable receiver we have and hes a fn te!
    i noticed during the ravens game, when flacco threw that deep sideline pass that Smith shorted the route, to go up and take the ball over the CB, that many on this board said it was a bad throw, and Smith made a great play. While Smith did make a great catch... the throw was PERFECT. That's exactly where you put the ball when the CB faces up the WR on that route and there is no underneath zone.

i'd take baltimore's top 2 over our top 2 as well... but it's not a huge difference. Torrey Smith is really coming into his own as a deep threat, but he's got a long way to go. His none deep routes, are sloppy, just like Wallace. Boldin catches everything, but he's getting long in the tooth, where as Brown is just starting to become a stud possession WR.
    Last edited by NeilPatrickBanana; 01-13-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    NPB - As long as I breath I will ban you.

Starter
    We run plenty of slants.

The problem is, other than WR screens, that's all we run.

We don't stretch the field, so DBs just cheat up.

Flacco has been winning for that team, but all he gets from Raven fans is crap...The guy can't do enough for those awful fans!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    ravens are alot healthier now than they were at the end of the season.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Flacco Stakes Claim as Top AFC North QB

Ray Ray has this team playing inspired football. Kinda like the Bus did with us during our run...

Starter
    Please. The Bus was a cartoon. He wasn't basically a non factor.

If anything the obsession to cater to Jerome almost cost us that title.

Joe Flacco has more talent around him on offense than Ben Roethlisberger does.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Thread Information