Bookmark and Share

Flacco Stakes Claim as Top AFC North QB

Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Arent we all???
    Was gross at times!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Isn't that what good WR's are suppose to do? Bail out a QB when the ball isn't perfectly thrown! Maybe your use to seeing Wallace half *** too much!
    it WAS a perfectly thrown ball, and the WR made the catch. Both players did what they are supposed to do on that play, given the playcall + coverage.

You throw the ball short, when the outside coverage is man 2 man faced up. If the cornerback turns his hips the other way to run face out, then the ball needs to be deep to the outside (over the DB), if the coverage has a safety over the top, the route isn't viable, if the coverage is face up (the DB cant see the ball, you short the coverage and allow the WR to adjust to the ball.

Flacco made a perfect read and throw...
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Alex Smith deserved to go instead of Brady.

Flacco Stakes Claim as Top AFC North QB

Right now Flacco is on fire I agree he could be throwing to a turd wr and it's catchable...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous Rex View Post
    Yup. Have fun watching the game and bragging About the past...
    No one is bragging about the pass..I'm telling you about the present. Flacco hasn't won anything. And he won't win anything. You can't say a guy is good until he's done something. I live in the present.

After the Ravens are eliminated next week, there will be zero talk of how good Flacco is compared to Ben.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    No one is bragging about the pass..I'm telling you about the present. Flacco hasn't won anything. And he won't win anything. You can't say a guy is good until he's done something. I live in the present.

After the Ravens are eliminated next week, there will be zero talk of how good Flacco is compared to Ben.
    You live in the present? What has Ben done in the present accept miss the playoffs?

You can't claim to live in the present and then use what Ben did 5 years ago as some sort of trump card.

I think Ben is more talented than Flacco... but in the present, Flacco is winning the big games, and Ben is sitting at home... or losing to Tim Tebow.

Ben has had accomplishments. And those are documented. What has Flacco done???

I live totally in the present...and presently, what has Flacco done??? Ben is on a worse team.that is true. But Flacco is not a better QB then Ben. Flacco is just presenty on a better team.

Drew Brees is at home too. Is Flacco better then Drew Brees too??

This gets more idiotic as the day goes on.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 01-14-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Ben brought them back against Tebow, and Ben had one freaking leg! It was Dick Lebeau who lost that game because last I checked, Ben doesn't play defense!

Assistant Coach

I live totally in the present...and presently, what has Flacco done??? Ben is on a worse team.that is true. But Flacco is not a better QB then Ben. Flacco is just presenty on a better team.

Drew Brees is at home too. Is Flacco better then Drew Brees too??

You guys get more idiotic as the day goes on.
    it seems you don't understand the difference between "the present", an analysis of skill/talent, and the examination of career accomplishments.

you aren't "living in the present" if your analysis is "what has he done in his career".

In the present (this year), Flacco is winning the big games... and Ben lost the big games. You can make excuses about the talent around each player... but if you are going to give Ben the big credit for winning super bowls (ignoring the talent around him), then he certainly owns the big failures as well (no excuses).

Ben is more talented than Flacco. I don't think anyone would argue that.
    Ben has bigger accolades, better career. I don't think anyone would argue that.
    But it's Flacco, who in the present, is playing better football and winning.

Learn to separate the 3, and not be such a homer

You guys get more idiotic as the day goes on.
    While I don't like being called idiotic, even as a Ravens fan I agree with your initial statement. Like I said: until Flacco gets over the AFC playoffs hump, he's still not in a class with Ben.

He's a very good QB, it's difficult to argue otherwise. Stats and the eye test will confirm both, but until he wins something of value, he'll still well outside of the "elite" class.

Quote Originally Posted by crowmst3k! View Post
    While I don't like being called idiotic, even as a Ravens fan I agree with your initial statement. Like I said: until Flacco gets over the AFC playoffs hump, he's still not in a class with Ben.

He's a very good QB, it's difficult to argue otherwise. Stats and the eye test will confirm both, but until he wins something of value, he'll still well outside of the "elite" class.
    Crowmst3k, I wasn't referring to you as "idiotic". My apologies. And thank you for confirming what I've said. The person I was referring to has been put on my "ignore" list because of his constant need to start fights and personal insults. That's not what this forum is suppose to be about. It's suppose to be about people stating their opinions and conversing back and forth. Not insulting comments and the like.

Thread Information