Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: If Ben Roethlisberger did what Peyton Manning just did...

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Peyton is a great QB, and he has won a super bowl so i mean obviously he has what it takes.
    So Peyton and his 3 TD and 7 pick post season was why they won that ring?

I did not say he was the only reason they won the ring. Its a team game. Im saying he didnt LOSE it for them either. Obviously he played well enough for them to win since QB is the most important position.

And im sure you kept reading and seen i wrote 9 times out of 10 he shits his pants in the playoffs and gave the examples.

So pretty much im saying he is a choke artist but he has managed the game b4 well enough not to lose it (therefore helping in winning it, and since hes on the team he WON it along with the rest of his teammates)

Keep Peyton Manning's stat line from Super Bowl XLI but replace him with Roethlisberger, and Dominic Rhodes wins the Super Bowl MVP award.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Keep Peyton Manning's stat line from Super Bowl XLI but replace him with Roethlisberger, and Dominic Rhodes wins the Super Bowl MVP award.
    Yep. That's been proven.

Eli Manning 1st MVP

19 of 34 for 255 yards, 2 and 1, offense scored 17 points.

Ben in XLIII

21 of 30 for 256, 1 and 1, and went 88 yards in 2 minutes, offense scored 20 points.

Eli got MVP.

Ben didn't.

Ya, but its always been like that.

You hear about Elite QBs online and TV

And obviously they go thru the list - BRADY, PEYTON, RODGERS, BREES, ELI... You rarely hear BENs name come up recently its been sprinkled in there but its never consistently. Hell ive heard them mention RIVERS and ROMO almost as much if not more then BEN on certain stations.

It will always be something. Alot of it has to do with personal accolades. Now-a-days everyones more concerned with your individual stats then team goals etc. Ben could win another superbowl and guys like Brees and Peyton could never win one again but get some passing yd record, or Passing TD record and you'd still see the media creaming their panties about Bree's and Peyton.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    fox blew this game, not peyton. it was won. but he got too conservative.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Not to mention he doesn't get near enough credit from the national media for his ability to win games and stuff with the Olines he has had on average. If they had the Oline we have and were getting sacked as much as Ben

Peyton - His neck would have turned to dust by now
    Brady - Would look like **** and probably cry and pout a lot more then he does when he loses now
    Brees - Same as brady only i havent seen him pout like him.
    Rodgers - He might be able to scramble away like ben does, but with his concussion issues his brain would be scrambled eggs.

I would like to see Ben tho with Bradys line.... Bradys a good QB but nobody gives his Line credit, that dude could go take a **** come back and still have time to throw

Banned
    It's not the OL. I think our OL is fine when we don't have them in predictable BS to appease ownership.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I don't need someone to justify how elite Ben is. Ben is elite and in the end he will get his 3rd super bowl ring and Manning will forever have just one. And if he wasn't going up against the worse QB in Super Bowl history ( Rex Grooseman who threw as many td's to the Colts as Manning did that day) Manning wouldn't have that ring.

I'll take Ben over Manning and sleep fine at nite.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

If Ben Roethlisberger did what Peyton Manning just did...

The word "elite" is fn stupid! Ben is a game winner, he doesn't always make the greatest throws and he sure as hell doesn't look pretty at times but dammit he can win a game.

Tom Brady is "elite", he makes plays while looking pretty doing so.

F Brady! Give me Ben!!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information