Thread: McNabb Says All Is Well.....

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

McNabb Says All Is Well.....

Finally, Donovan McNabb talked to the media. He didn't talk during the season because it would have been a distraction to the team. He didn't talk a couple weeks ago because it would have interfered with his rehab. Now though, he could talk. In fact, his endorsement deal with Campbell's Soup says that he had to talk.

During a media appearance on Wednesday, Donovan McNabb insisted that all is well. He went down a list of issues that he knew everyone would want to address and checked them all of in the 'it's all good' column.
    McNabb insists that he is an Eagle and in fact, wants to retire as an Eagle when that day finally arrives. He also insisted that he has no problem with the Eagles management other than being upset that he wasn't allowed to travel with the team to New Orleans. He pointed out though that other injured Eagles - Jevon Kearse, Lito Sheppard and Mike Bartrum - were also upset that injured players weren't allowed to travel with the team as per Andy Reid's policy. "We would have enjoyed to be there," admitted McNabb. "You have to accept that [Reid's rules] and we've all accepted that and we've moved on from there." Other than that, McNabb insisted that he has no problem at all with Reid or the team.

So, since he doesn't want to be traded and wants to be an Eagle, will he be ready to start the 2007 season? It sure sounds like McNabb believes he'll be ready to answer the bell. "We're continuing to do positive things, strengthening the leg, working on balance and things of that nature. We're right on course with that," said a beaming McNabb. When he talked about being on course, he stressed that he wants to be able to go from game one of the season and has no reason to doubt that he'll be ready.

McNabb also stressed that he agreed with Andy Reid that holding a press conference a couple weeks ago would have been disruptive to his rehab and pointed out that Reid wasn't alone in making the decision. "It was a situation where, at that time, we both felt that nothing good would have come out of it," said McNabb.

And finally, McNabb played the role of the good son, coming to his Mom's defense. Wilma McNabb had been widely criticized for terming the success of the Eagles as "bitter sweet" in an on-line blog that she has written for over a year. The younger McNabb stressed that his Mom was just being a Mom and wasn't trying to speak on his behalf. "It's unfortunate that she has received the criticism she has gotten. I receive it every week, so there is nothing wrong with that. Am I upset that she wrote it? No."

Meanwhile, Jeff Garcia continues to draw huge crowds. At an appearance in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Garcia avoided talking about any quarterback controversy at an autograph signing. "I'm just here to enjoy getting to meet people and have a little fun," said Garcia when asked about any potential controversy. "I'm not worrying about any so-called controversy."

By Chuck Hixson
    Posted Jan 31, 2007
    We shall see.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I just heard him on Mike & Mike. He was pretty much putting all the rumors to rest.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    McNabb isn't going nowhere. He the Leader of that team and worth more than just a 2rd pick
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Donovan is as class a guy as you'll ever find; it doesn't surprise me that he's putting all these rumors to rest and waiting till well after his teams' season is over.

After McNabb handled the TO situation I think this rumor was nothing for him... I didn't think he would be going anywhere because he is a top notch QB and he is the face of the Eagles. Garcia was good but that could have very well been his last gasp of being good to be perfectly honest!

well that pretty much awnsers a lot of questions for the other thread on this topic.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Would you really expect him to do anything but toe the company line?

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Thread Information