Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: Steelers wide receivers

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #51
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I don't want to spend money signing Keenan Lewis. I don't care if the defense takes a dip from first in the league to 10th as long as the offense improves. I want the team to sign an elite WR like Boldin at the expense of the defense just like the Ravens did. They're going to the AFC conference championship. The Steelers are still living in the 70s by concentrating on having a great defense but only managing to score an average of less than 3 TDs per game.
    Our offensive difficulties have not been from lack of spending on offense. Even if we went with you philosophy, it still does not indicate that we should spend big in the FA market. You could do the same by using top draft choices on offense.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Our offensive difficulties have not been from lack of spending on offense. Even if we went with you philosophy, it still does not indicate that we should spend big in the FA market. You could do the same by using top draft choices on offense.
    Which was the exact point of this threat. Is there a REAL #1 receiver that can be had with our first round pick?

    And you're wrong. Our offensive difficulties are not solely due to lack of spending, but that is definitely part of the problem.

  3. #53
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,626

    Steelers wide receivers

    Offensive struggles= Ben being injured! Had he stayed clean we'd be watching this team playing this weekend!

  4. #54
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,062
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Which was the exact point of this threat. Is there a REAL #1 receiver that can be had with our first round pick?
    OK, It is something to look at. However, it is far different than the post I commented on, about getting WRs through FA. That is not feasible.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Offensive struggles= Ben being injured! Had he stayed clean we'd be watching this team playing this weekend!
    The team was no offensive force even before Roethlisberger got injured. Even if we made the playoffs, we would've gotten blown out. Just look at the scores.

    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    OK, It is something to look at. However, it is far different than the post I commented on, about getting WRs through FA. That is not feasible.
    Understood.

  6. #56
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,626

    Steelers wide receivers

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    The team was no offensive force even before Roethlisberger got injured. Even if we made the playoffs, we would've gotten blown out. Just look at the scores.



    Understood.
    I gotta agree.. No fire no nastiness!

  7. #57
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,626

    Steelers wide receivers

    We need to get a physical big body type wr.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,453
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We need to get a physical big body type wr.
    It would make a huge difference, especially with Miller and or another sure-handed TE.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ban City
    Posts
    5,018
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We need to get a physical big body type wr.
    it's a good draft for getting one in the mid 1st (hopkins, patterson, allen, williams)

  10. #60
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,626

    Steelers wide receivers

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    It would make a huge difference, especially with Miller and or another sure-handed TE.
    The "young money" crew are tiny.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers young Wide Receivers will be key
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 05:27 AM
  2. Hines Ward pushing record for Steelers wide receivers
    By SteelersWoman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 02:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •