Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Steelers wide receivers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I don't want to spend money signing Keenan Lewis. I don't care if the defense takes a dip from first in the league to 10th as long as the offense improves. I want the team to sign an elite WR like Boldin at the expense of the defense just like the Ravens did. They're going to the AFC conference championship. The Steelers are still living in the 70s by concentrating on having a great defense but only managing to score an average of less than 3 TDs per game.
    Our offensive difficulties have not been from lack of spending on offense. Even if we went with you philosophy, it still does not indicate that we should spend big in the FA market. You could do the same by using top draft choices on offense.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Our offensive difficulties have not been from lack of spending on offense. Even if we went with you philosophy, it still does not indicate that we should spend big in the FA market. You could do the same by using top draft choices on offense.
    Which was the exact point of this threat. Is there a REAL #1 receiver that can be had with our first round pick?

And you're wrong. Our offensive difficulties are not solely due to lack of spending, but that is definitely part of the problem.

Steelers wide receivers

Offensive struggles= Ben being injured! Had he stayed clean we'd be watching this team playing this weekend!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Which was the exact point of this threat. Is there a REAL #1 receiver that can be had with our first round pick?
    OK, It is something to look at. However, it is far different than the post I commented on, about getting WRs through FA. That is not feasible.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Offensive struggles= Ben being injured! Had he stayed clean we'd be watching this team playing this weekend!
    The team was no offensive force even before Roethlisberger got injured. Even if we made the playoffs, we would've gotten blown out. Just look at the scores.

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    OK, It is something to look at. However, it is far different than the post I commented on, about getting WRs through FA. That is not feasible.
    Understood.

Steelers wide receivers

The team was no offensive force even before Roethlisberger got injured. Even if we made the playoffs, we would've gotten blown out. Just look at the scores.

Understood.
    I gotta agree.. No fire no nastiness!

Steelers wide receivers

We need to get a physical big body type wr.

Banned
    It would make a huge difference, especially with Miller and or another sure-handed TE.

Banned
    it's a good draft for getting one in the mid 1st (hopkins, patterson, allen, williams)

Steelers wide receivers

It would make a huge difference, especially with Miller and or another sure-handed TE.
    The "young money" crew are tiny.

Thread Information