Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers wide receivers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Here's a thought Mr. Rooney..why don't you allow us to use free agency to fix the WR position. Stupid *** Rooney still stuck in the 1980's.
    With bust drafting by Colbert (including wasting a 4th and 5th round pick on Rainey and t'aamu) is all the more reason we need to use free agency in a more serious way.
    Who would you suggest? And at what price? There is NO WAY we will get a WR better than what we have with our cap situation.

You can scream "FA" all you want but it is just not feasible.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I'm sorry Tarlsqtr, but you've got to stop PMing me and and asking me out. I told you that I"m heterosexual and your constant following of me is starting to become disturbing. You've been put on the ignore list. Once again, I'm sorry but I'm heterosexual. I like woman! I've told you that in your PM's and I'm telling you publicly now. I'm sure you'll find the guy for you sooner or later. Gzzzz.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I'm sorry Tarlsqtr, but you've got to stop PMing me and and asking me out. I told you that I"m heterosexual and your constant following of me is starting to become disturbing. You've been put on the ignore list. Once again, I'm sorry but I'm heterosexual. I like woman! I've told you that in your PM's and I'm telling you publicly now. I'm sure you'll find the guy for you sooner or later. Gzzzz.
    Hilarious. You go crying to your daddy Blitz like the beoch you are about "personal attacks" and then make gay smears on the same message board. In addition to being dumb and a beoch, we now also know that you are a hypocrite.

Not to mention, you never did answer the question as you were too busy biting the mod' s pillow.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    So you think taking Jarvis Jones or Mante T'eo would be a waste of the first round pick? On a defense that has 7 starters over 30, 2 safeties and 2 OLB that both miss huge amounts of time and a CB that's likely to leave in FA?
    Seeing what was supposedly the second best defense in the league give up 38 points in a loss to miserable Flacco, and seeing the supposedly third best defense give up 24 points reaffirms my personal opinion that the Steelers defense is not an issue that needs to be addressed above offense. I completely disagree with many on this forum who feel the defense needs to be improved or addressed when this defense was supposedly first in the league as is.

This is now an offensive league. It has been for many years now and it only gets worse every season. New rules are designed every season to bolster offensive gameplay and old rules are reinterpreted by the refs to further bolster offensive gameplay. The NFL is now America's sport, which means all the former bandwagon baseball fans who only watched because it was popular and only cared to see homeruns now watch the NFL and they only want to see TDs, specifically of the passing variety. The casual NFL fan doesn't want to see 13-10 games, especially not in the playoffs. The NFL knows that and acts accordingly.

A pass rusher probably will not help us win playoff games, IF we make the playoffs. This team scored 4 or more TDs only one time the entire season. The Dolphins, Browns, Bills, Titans, Jets, and Raiders scored 4 or more TDs more than once. And that's just some of the sloppy NFL teams that were able to do it more than the Steelers. This team is offensively deficient at this point. It has fallen behind most other teams and some much needed talent on the offensive line and WR positions is what this offense and team needs more than anything else.

Banned
    Here's a thought Mr. Rooney..why don't you allow us to use free agency to fix the WR position. Stupid *** Rooney still stuck in the 1980's.
    With bust drafting by Colbert (including wasting a 4th and 5th round pick on Rainey and t'aamu) is all the more reason we need to use free agency in a more serious way.
    I would love if the team used free agency to obtain some offensive players, and use the draft for defensive players, but the former will happen when it's a cold day in hell.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Who would you suggest? And at what price? There is NO WAY we will get a WR better than what we have with our cap situation.

You can scream "FA" all you want but it is just not feasible.
    Because the team chooses to make sure it's never feasible.

Banned
    If they want to run the ball? Then they have to try and convince DeAngelo Williams or Steven Jackson to take less to try and win a ring late in their careers.

Assistant Coach
    oh man!!! ziiiiinggggggg!!!! Hey you should've finished your awesome diss with, "and that's the Deal, the Real Deal"

dork
    Banana Fett !?!? Where???

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    Because the team chooses to make sure it's never feasible.
    How so? Keep in mind that any money spent on free agency is money that cannot be spent on one of our own players. In the business world, it is called "opportunity cost." Yeah, perhaps we could spend 10 million on a WR (about what it would take to get one better than we have) but that 10 million means we do not sign Keenan Lewis or someone else we have coming up as a FA.

Why do you believe the Rooneys eschew other teams' free agents? Just to bust our balls? No, because they know the cost of it and have determined that keeping our own makes better sense. They are not sitting in their offices thinking up excuses for not dipping into the market, that is for sure.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    How so? Keep in mind that any money spent on free agency is money that cannot be spent on one of our own players. In the business world, it is called "opportunity cost." Yeah, perhaps we could spend 10 million on a WR (about what it would take to get one better than we have) but that 10 million means we do not sign Keenan Lewis or someone else we have coming up as a FA.

Why do you believe the Rooneys eschew other teams' free agents? Just to bust our balls? No, because they know the cost of it and have determined that keeping our own makes better sense. They are not sitting in their offices thinking up excuses for not dipping into the market, that is for sure.
    I don't want to spend money signing Keenan Lewis. I don't care if the defense takes a dip from first in the league to 10th as long as the offense improves. I want the team to sign an elite WR like Boldin at the expense of the defense just like the Ravens did. They're going to the AFC conference championship. The Steelers are still living in the 70s by concentrating on having a great defense but only managing to score an average of less than 3 TDs per game.

Thread Information