Quote Originally Posted by cbrunn View Post
    I love Justin Hunter from Tennessee

or De'Andre Hopkins from Clemson

but at 17 ... hmmmmm maybe a reach
    Hopkins is nice. but not at 17
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    I dont think we need to spend a 1st Rder on a WR....We have other massive problems

Ryan Swope, Connor Vernon, Marquess Wilson, Aaron Mellette to name a few RD 4 or later guys as an example.

You could pray that guys like Robert Woods, Justin Hunter, DaRick Rodgers falls to the 3rd but who knows the draft is hard to predict and nowadays everyone loves Offense so WR fly off the boards.

But if we ended up going WR in the 1st or 2nd i wouldnt be mad if players like J. Jones, Mingo, Te'O, Warmack are off the board at pick 17... But i really think a Pass Rusher is a top priority. We need someone to replace Harrison because to be honest behind him we have no one.
    Sure we need a pass rusher. No doubt. But we also need someone to push the pocket up the middle on passing downs so the opposing QB doesn't step up. With that said, I think getting that stud nose tackle is just as important as the pass rusher on the edge because a guy who gives push up the middle forces Flacco to move to one side or the other towards our DE's.

If we used our # 17 pick to take the best one off the board, I wouldn't be upset about that at all. Because it is a red alert need. Colon is soooooooooooooo done. Which leaves us with Mclendon..and I'm not that satisfied with him and we need depth anyway.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I wouldn't waste that first round pick on anything other than a top receiver, top tight end or a great offensive lineman.
    So you think taking Jarvis Jones or Mante T'eo would be a waste of the first round pick? On a defense that has 7 starters over 30, 2 safeties and 2 OLB that both miss huge amounts of time and a CB that's likely to leave in FA?

We used to be dominant, controling the middle of the line; what happened to that??? That's the kind of thing that goes a long way but many don't appreciate that. We need to get back to doing things, " The Steelers Way" and being dominant on both lines is where we start.

Getting that stud nose tackle Jonathan Jenkins for Georgia, would be a fantastic start. and we could possibly trade down a bit and still land him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    So you think taking Jarvis Jones or Mante T'eo would be a waste of the first round pick? On a defense that has 7 starters over 30, 2 safeties and 2 OLB that both miss huge amounts of time and a CB that's likely to leave in FA?
    I agree with Nolrog. We need to fix that D-line and linebackers. That should be our priority. We've used enough first round picks on the O-line and there are no WR worth a first round selection. And I'm not wasting a first round pick on a TE. Please.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I agree with Nolrog. We need to fix that D-line and linebackers. That should be our priority. We've used enough first round picks on the O-line and there are no WR worth a first round selection. And I'm not wasting a first round pick on a TE. Please.
    or WR as a cpl suggested
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Getting that stud nose tackle Jonathan Jenkins for Georgia, would be a fantastic start. and we could possibly trade down a bit and still land him.
    We need a defensive playmaker, no question. I don't know enough about Jenkins to comment, but I'm not opposed to trading down to get that stud we need. I am concerned, though, that it would be a 6th consecutive first round pick on the line, and we'd be sporting a DL that has three number 1 picks, which is a large amount of #1s to spend on the DL. We need to find value on the DL later in the draft, like we did on the OL with Beachum. We can't keep throwing more skill picks at the wall later in the draft and hope they stick.

Here's a thought Mr. Rooney..why don't you allow us to use free agency to fix the WR position. Stupid *** Rooney still stuck in the 1980's.
    With bust drafting by Colbert (including wasting a 4th and 5th round pick on Rainey and t'aamu) is all the more reason we need to use free agency in a more serious way.

What other team has cut their 4th and 5th round picks this year???? Colbert should be demoted.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Johnathan Hankins from Ohio State has been mentioned going to us as well. Another lineman though...
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information