Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rainey's GF now saying no assault took place

Bookmark and Share

Rainey's GF now saying no assault took place

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ult-took-place

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Former Pittsburgh Steeler Christopher Rainey's girlfriend says she was not assaulted, and that the state of Florida should drop the battery charge against him.

Gainesville police charged Rainey with simple battery Thursday after an alleged altercation with his girlfriend. Police say the two were arguing over Rainey's cellphone, and that when his girlfriend got into a vehicle, the ex-Florida Gator tried to pull her out. Witnesses told detectives that Rainey slapped his girlfriend across the face and then chased her when she ran away with his phone in her purse.

The girlfriend's email said the witnesses were mistaken, and Johnson pointed out that officers found no marks on the woman's face.

Rainey, who was cut by the Steelers after his arrest, was released after the hearing but ordered not to have any contact with his girlfriend.
    I know we won't bring him back, but it's an interesting turn of events.
    Last edited by SnakeEyes43; 01-12-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Draft Pick
    Normal for domestic situations. The gf prolly doesnt wanna see rainey get cut and not be in the nfl... if you have an independent witness or multiple ones at that more than likely it happened and when people get hit it doesnt always leave a mark... he can stay gone

Her statement did come out the same day a witness came out saying he didn't slap her...

Rookie Free Agent
    Doesn't matter now as far as his job with the Steelers is concerned, the Court of Public Opinion has spoken.

He is still a steeler today.. hell be on probation... double secret..

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Witnesses are also saying Rainey never hit the girl. I sure hate to see a draft pick go wasted.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    Was she arrested? False claims like this ruin people's lives and the women walk away without any repercussions.
    I like Rainey and hope they resign him.

Waterboy

My Social Networks

Add CelticSteel65 on Facebook
    It would be a shame to waste a good talent like Chris Rainey. If, she lied to the police then he should be reinstated. Todd Haley, if he is still here next season, Needs to implement more plays with him in them.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I am tempted to believe the original story but I hope to be wrong. If I remember correctly, wasn't the original retraction by a neighbor? It would be pretty easy for a relative to go over and have a few kind words and ask for help.

As far as the girlfriend, victims of domestic violence are notorious for changing their stories. They make up with the boyfriend/husband and then retract statements in order to protect them.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. However, we do know that at the very least he was acting like a dirtbag, pushing her around a little bit even if he did not slap her.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by CelticSteel65 View Post
    It would be a shame to waste a good talent like Chris Rainey. If, she lied to the police then he should be reinstated. Todd Haley, if he is still here next season, Needs to implement more plays with him in them.
    I thought they ran quite a few screens, draws, etc. to draw on his talents and he looked pretty pedestrian. That said, so did ALL of our backs.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information