Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Rainey Cut/Waived

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    The names on the draft board are many... we pick 7 of them. maybe background checks need to be adhered to...
    If they have problems let another team deal with them. get the next BPA..

Sometimes its just the luck of the draw... Let's be honest nobody wanted to touch Burflict with a 10 foot pole, because he had attitude problems... The bengals grabbed him and i dont think ive heard one bad thing about him this season about causing problems or anything. Ya it could happen later down the line. But for now it looks good..

Rainey had a situation that everyone was told was a isolated incident and that he just got a little heated and it was blown out of proportion. So we picked him up and now hes beating a girl in the middle of public.

Some of the biggest scumbags in the world seem like the nicest people and you would never know they are POS humans.
    Especially if they have something to get from putting on the show... (Like a NFL contract). But once they get it, personas change and they turn into who they truly are.

Depends on how hammered he was, there were some times in my drinking days that I thought I was superman. And I didn't spend all day working out like an NFL athlete. Either way I cannot believe he is still a Steeler.
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Ta'amu the character from those twisted metal games??? Wait that was a real life event wasn't it?

I have no clue what Twisted Metal Ta'amu was thinking... I mean ok a DUI most sports athletes can get out of that with community service or a big fine... But you have to Road Rash half way down Carson Street and then get out and run and resist arrest... Did he really think he was gonna way??? Was he gonna blend in with all the other 6'6 330LB Samoans in Pittsburgh... lol give me a break
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Well then he failed b4 he even began drinking that night... I know I know they are human too and they need to go out and feel normal etc. Im also sure he wants to go out and spend some of the money that when he was younger prob never thought he'd have or at least that much when he grew up.

But when your in a business where you are going to be scrutinized for pissing on the toilet seat wrong, you need to behave yourself or if you go out and party control yourself... We had a term in the marines. Controlled Chaos - pretty much go fuK **** up but never lose control of yourself to point where you make a mistake and get yourself or someone else hurt.

Hes young i get it... But if you wanna go out and drink and have fun control yourself... If you wanna get white-girl wasted and black-out drunk stay at home and have a bunch of your buddies come over. At least that way its controlled to a certain extent...

Don't get me wrong im not old at all. But i have no idea what's going on with my generation...

Back in the day it was few and far between that you seen players act the way these kids do now-a-days...

It's like the world owes them something. Most lack motivation, or desire. It feels like all they play for is the money and winning is just a consolation prize. There are only a handful of players that give it 100 percent that play hurt if its not too bad. Go across the middle and catch the ball knowing they are gonna get hit instead of gator arming it or not even going for it for fear of being hit. Etc Etc.

Then they go after the games and drink and do all this crazy stupid **** because they think because they are big and fast that nothing can hurt them, or that any problems they get into their celeb status or money can get them out of it.

Its a shame... It really is

Who remembers mean joe going into games with a broken hand or something wrapped up with like 800 rolls of medical tape. Still playing and actually using his giant bandage hand as a weapon to club opposing Olineman's heads with.

Now players are out for 2 months with ****ing turf toe.... I've played football in highschool, and hockey in highschool and college and unless it was something serious like Torn MCL or Broken Humerus i was on the field or at least trying to get on...

I guess its different when you just play cause you love the sport. Not for fame, money, and all the material things.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
    Now players are out for 2 months with ****ing turf toe....
    You should watch it with the turf-toe business. You are probably too young to know just how bad it can be. (#58)

My guess is that Rainey was told he had Zero chances and when this happened the Steelers had no choice. He will resurface on another team and it sort of sucks, but every man has to own up to their actions. Our 2012 Draft has not lived up to all the hype. Lets hope Beachum turns into a gem

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    You should watch it with the turf-toe business. You are probably too young to know just how bad it can be. (#58)
    I was too young to know anything about Lambert's turf toe or how bad it was. I know after that season he retired 1984 right?

I was just trying to get my point across that back in the day players would play thru alot of pain, now a days they come off the field if they have a bad case of gas.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by polamalu43 View Post
    My guess is that Rainey was told he had Zero chances and when this happened the Steelers had no choice. He will resurface on another team and it sort of sucks, but every man has to own up to their actions. Our 2012 Draft has not lived up to all the hype. Lets hope Beachum turns into a gem
    Because our 1st 3 picks weren't injured most of, if not all of, this season...

Like I said it hasn't lived up to the hype.

DeCastro - Injured
    Adams - Injured but played some
    Spence - Injured
    Ta'amu - never played
    Rainey - cut
    Paulson - prospect
    Beachum - prospect

Thread Information